Door Bushings. Similar effect as TRD door stabilizers. $40 shipped . - Page 24
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: Door Bushings. Similar effect as TRD door stabilizers. $40 shipped .

We just need one more and I will start up the printer.

1. mynameisgoodspeed
    2. megazor
    3. shadowsoul
    KeyTechniques
    You can find our web page by typing "Keytechniques" on top of your browser and clicking the first result.
    Keyhole covers / Bumper plugs / MR-S key-chains / Door sills / Bushing kits and so much more.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpyderChat.com
    Advertisements

Im all set to go into production and will be collecting payments. I will be making eight sets of bushings which four of them have been called for.

1. mynameisgoodspeed
    2. megazor paid
    3. shadowsoul paid
    4. 105e paid
    5. Reydan75 6.
    Last edited by dev; 03-04-2019 at 11:49 AM.
    KeyTechniques
    You can find our web page by typing "Keytechniques" on top of your browser and clicking the first result.
    Keyhole covers / Bumper plugs / MR-S key-chains / Door sills / Bushing kits and so much more.

Spyderchat Noob

Dev,

PM and money sent.

Rob

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpyderChat.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by megazor View Post
    Dev,

PM and money sent.

Rob
    Received thank you.
    KeyTechniques

Everyone is paid up. Im waiting on the spools. I have two more spots available.

1. mynameisgoodspeed Paid
    2. megazor paid
    3. shadowsoul paid
    4. 105e paid
    5. Reydan75 Paid
    6. Kaveney paid
    Last edited by dev; 03-05-2019 at 10:23 AM.
    KeyTechniques

Spyderchat Enthusiast projectbeyound's Avatar

Talking

I would like a set.

1. mynameisgoodspeed Paid
    2. megazor paid
    3. shadowsoul paid
    4. 105e paid
    5. Reydan75 Paid
    6. Kaveney paid
    7. projectbeyound Paid

I am now down to one set.
    KeyTechniques

Spyderchat Enthusiast

Default Door Bushing Review

I wanted to share my experience for anyone considering this mod.

First off Dev was first class to deal with. Shipping was very fast, everything arrived exactly as expected. From an engineering standpoint he has clearly put a lot of thought and testing into such a "simple" thing.

Install is extremely easy (can you use a sticky note?) but follow his whole install video to get fitment correct. During install I test fit, it was good, and I immediately did the "permanent" install by removing the gorilla tape and using the 3M. I should have left it on the car overnight with the test tape because one door is no longer tight enough and I believe its because the 3M foam tape compressed overnight. Now I get to make a mess and get the much stronger 3M tape off the door and redo install with an extra layer of 3M. NO FAULT OF DEV, just my own impatience.

Effect of the bushings was significant. My car is 100% stock and very low mileage but has lots of rattles and creaks in the cold. The door bushings actually seemed to create more rattles and creaks in the dash but removed all of them from the doors/seats/windows areas. It is very clear that they increases the rigidity of the car front to back a lot. It feels much more solid and connected transferring from throttle to braking. The center line of the car is now where all the flex is (which is why the dash has more rattle/creak over bumps).

I will be installing either a corky or MMSB mid brace soon and will update with the effects on the car as a whole with proper bracing to remove mid flex.

Door opening and closing has not been noticeably affected. I would say closing effort is 20% higher but sounds and feels much more solid. Opening effort is totally unaffected from what I can tell because once it "pops" most of the time the door opens enough the bushing is barely contacting any more.

Thanks again Dev, very happy!
    Last edited by Dernmabe; 03-06-2019 at 02:53 PM.

Thanks for sharing your feedback and you are most welcome. It can be a bit of a of a pain to remove the bushing once the tape sets so take your time. Once you can get one corner to lift up its not bad but go easy.

I suppose a sticky note can be used or anything that can hold the bushings on the car so it doesn't fall off when you test fit.
    Since I eventually mastered the size that fits most all Spyders it is more likely that people will have to add a shim which is much better than having to sand down the bushing which can be a pain.

This mod still amazes me to this day because its something that is so small that actually makes a perceivable difference on the whole car.
    KeyTechniques

Spyderchat Enthusiast drummerdawg's Avatar

I thought you closed up the business, or are you just doing limited quantity's of certain items?
    Hidden Content -- 2014 GMC Sierra-- Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by OKSpyder Hidden Content
    If drummerdawg every gets on your rear, you can not shake him....when he is in a Spyder anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by drummerdawg View Post
    I thought you closed up the business, or are you just doing limited quantity's of certain items?
    Pretty much but its limited to when I run out of raw materials. Many of the products have been discontinued except for some painted products, the door bushings and Uncle Mush's items.
    The painted products are going to be discontinued as I run out of paint or gets old. The door bushings will be discontinued when the printer breaks.
    Uncle Mush products whenever he decides not to make more.

I thought I would close about a year ago but I will keep going until stuff runs out or no demand which ever comes first.
    KeyTechniques

Spyderchat Enthusiast

I recently spent a ton of money on my car, and to me the best value to this day has been these door bushings.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED - makes a huge difference

Quote Originally Posted by pwnzor View Post
    I recently spent a ton of money on my car, and to me the best value to this day has been these door bushings.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED - makes a huge difference
    Thanks for the kind words and endorsement. It means a lot to me that it has brought you joy.
    KeyTechniques

I want to give everyone on this list an update.

I am half way done with printing but I need to pick up supplies so I can do the post processing part of the bushings.

Therefore the bushings will be going out Monday or Tuesday.

Very happy with the printer as its making very clean prints.
    KeyTechniques

It looks like the door bushings have leaked out in other areas of the internets and a gentleman wants to place an order for them for a non Spyder Toyota.

Since spring is here I decided to make eight more sets of bushings while I have some free time so I have them in stock and I can do the post processing later. Two sets have been reserved. At this point I don't care if they sell quickly I just want the 3D printer to finally wear out and break so I can gut it. Last time I thought I would have a reserve but that didn't last too long.

1. POL Paid
    2. POL Paid
    3. Turbotrucker Paid
    4. DukeAzathoth
    5. zzwgtsr Paid
    Last edited by dev; 03-26-2019 at 01:02 PM.
    KeyTechniques

Spyderchat Noob

I would like to buy a set of bushings, though I don't think I can PM you due to not posting enough times so far.

If you would PM me details to buy them I would appreciate it. I had to be messaged first to negotiate some injectors previously.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by DukeAzathoth View Post
    I would like to buy a set of bushings, though I don't think I can PM you due to not posting enough times so far.

If you would PM me details to buy them I would appreciate it. I had to be messaged first to negotiate some injectors previously.

Thank you!
    I will send you a PM for payment.
    KeyTechniques

Spyderchat Noob

Hello Dev, put me down for a set of bushings! Would you be able to PM me for payment instructions n such?

Quote Originally Posted by zzwgtsr View Post
    Hello Dev, put me down for a set of bushings! Would you be able to PM me for payment instructions n such?
    Absolutely. I will send you a PM right now.
    KeyTechniques

This will be called. Will my printer ever die batch.

update:

I received the material early so I started printing. I hope to have the orders that were paid for completed and sent out by weeks end.

There might be a big UK group buy happening so I will be printing for a good while that is if the printer doesn't come to an end.

If you want to place your order before its reserved for the British GB please do otherwise It will be some time before I can complete individual orders.
    KeyTechniques