GI / GB: Fortune Auto coilovers for ZZW Spyder MR-S / MR2 - Page 14
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: GI / GB: Fortune Auto coilovers for ZZW Spyder MR-S / MR2

Spyderchat Enthusiast

Well that's good news for you. I bet FA wants to deal with one person instead of all us separately, I would assume that's why they didn't email you back. I want the new mounts as well though, but I'm torn if I should bug FA myself or Apokryphos . I did send Apokryphos a PM the day before he gave us an update though.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpyderChat.com
    Advertisements

Spyderchat Enthusiast

I've been following this thread for awhile and I am interested in the reviews. Who actually recieved their coilovers and installed them? They have listed this producted on their website and wanted to do a little bit more research before pulling the trigger.

Spyderchat Enthusiast Haloruler64's Avatar

If you've followed this thread, you should know not to.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpyderChat.com
    Advertisements

Spyderchat Enthusiast Haloruler64's Avatar

This is hilarious. My old neighbor texted me that she found a package by my old front door. She sends me a photo, and it's from FA. I pick it up and it's new lower mounts. Get this... they ignore my emails for MONTHS, then they ship me fixed (hopefully) front lower mounts... without telling me. They couldn't be bothered to email me and tell me they're doing it. If they did, they'd have found out I moved 3 months ago.

LOL...

Definitely a CS issue that should be addressed.

Glad you may finally have a fix to the coilover issues.
    2001 MRS with Mono Craft GT-300 Body

Spyderchat Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceFatty View Post
    1. If I'm going really slow like parking or up and down a drive way I have a spring popping like sound when turning the wheel. It's very inconsistent so at first I thought it was the pre - loads because they lock spring came loose and I had to reset them. I then thought it was the sway bars, but the fronts aren't connected to the coil mount it's connected to the lower arm and I didn't need to touch that.
    These springs are driving me nuts trying to figure why they are binding... The video in this link sound exactly like my issue. FA did put a plastic or whatever washer/spacer on the bottom spring seat (not sure about the top, but I'm assuming yes) and I've had the pre-load set lightly and heavily each time the sound comes back. I've checked it on the ground, up in the air, wheels off and on... Do I REALLY need trust sheets or can I just try putting motor oil on the spring... ? Thanks for the info... https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1127297

Spyderchat Enthusiast lostpilot28's Avatar

I didn't jump on the FA coilovers bandwagon, but your spring binding isn't strictly related to them. I have Ceika coilovers and they do include a plastic washer on the bottom of the spring, which doesn't help.

I ended up buying these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Problem fixed.
    Sonny W.
    2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe
    2003 MR2 Spyder

Spyderchat Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by lostpilot28 View Post
    I didn't jump on the FA coilovers bandwagon, but your spring binding isn't strictly related to them. I have Ceika coilovers and they do include a plastic washer on the bottom of the spring, which doesn't help.

Problem fixed.
    Ok... thanks for the info. Stupid question, is using the car knowing it will coil bind going to do any damage or is it just an annoyance? Only reason I ask is it's a daily, but don't know when I'll be able to get to installing them after ordering and receiving them. Thanks

Spyderchat Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by lostpilot28 View Post

Problem fixed.
    If they are not sealed so once dirt and rubber get in they can seize.

I use a sealed bearing which replaces the spring seat. It's more expensive and only available for certain springs and coilovers.

Green 2zz, Red 2zz, veilside turbo (sold), monocraft wide body (sold)
    Lotus Elise
    Rx7 twin turbo
    70 Porsche 911

Spyderchat Enthusiast

Would it be a better option to just bite the bullet and get FA's radial bearing mount ($94 shipped...) or if not does any one know the inner (and outer) diameter of the FA coils off the top of their heads? If not I'll be checking tomorrow before ordering.