So no more breastplate options? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So no more breastplate options?

Spyderchat Enthusiast

I try to send an email today to the PayPal address and the email doesn't exist anymore.

Your message wasn't delivered [email protected] co.ukbanmepleasebecause the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail.

I have lost my faith here.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpyderChat.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tito View Post
    I try to send an email today to the PayPal address and the email doesn't exist anymore.

Your message wasn't delivered [email protected] because the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail.

I have lost my faith here.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    You can try the contact information I posted.

That address was used for his PayPal account and he may have changed that.

Hopefully someone will get a response from him soon and we will either get refunded or our items.
    2001 MRS with Mono Craft GT-300 Body

I would have started my PayPal dispute weeks ago just so I don't run out of PayPal protections.
    I would leave them a note that said if and when you are ready to send the package I will remove the dispute.
    KeyTechniques
    You can find our web page by typing "Keytechniques" on top of your browser and clicking the first result.
    Keyhole covers / Bumper plugs / MR-S key-chains / Door sills / Bushing kits and so much more.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpyderChat.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    I would have started my PayPal dispute weeks ago just so I don't run out of PayPal protections.
    I would leave them a note that said if and when you are ready to send the package I will remove the dispute.
    I think we were all hoping for the best - getting the MSMB we paid for.

At this point, it looks like we will all probably pursue the PayPal resolution process, but he may have stopped using them...

Quote Originally Posted by neomr2 View Post
    I think we were all hoping for the best - getting the MSMB we paid for.

At this point, it looks like we will all probably pursue the PayPal resolution process, but he may have stopped using them...
    It shouldn't matter as you should still have PayPal protections as they have extended the time now however in the past if the user ditched PayPal it was harder to recover funds and you will be left high and dry. That was in the past but PayPal may have changed to offer more protections now and might pay from their own pocket but the longer you wait the worse it will get if they don't and the person has transferred all the money out of the account.

I hate it when some people launch a dispute on me without contacting me first but this is certainly not the same thing and is completely valid.

The most important thing right now is getting your money back.
    KeyTechniques
    You can find our web page by typing "Keytechniques" on top of your browser and clicking the first result.
    Keyhole covers / Bumper plugs / MR-S key-chains / Door sills / Bushing kits and so much more.

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    It shouldn't matter as you should still have PayPal protections as they have extended the time now however in the past if the user ditched PayPal it was harder to recover funds and you will be left high and dry. That was in the past but PayPal may have changed to offer more protections now and might pay from their own pocket but the longer you wait the worse it will get if they don't and the person has transferred all the money out of the account.

I hate it when some people launch a dispute on me without contacting me first but this is certainly not the same thing and is completely valid.

The most important thing right now is getting your money back.
    I agree.

I opened a dispute a few minutes ago so it appears we are "ALL" still protected.

Hopefully we get the MSMB product we ordered, but in the event that doesn't happen, a refund works too...

Quote Originally Posted by neomr2 View Post
    I agree.

I opened a dispute a few minutes ago so it appears we are "ALL" still protected.

Hopefully we get the MSMB product we ordered, but in the event that doesn't happen, a refund works too...

Excellent, good to hear. I worry about my protections at all times because there are loopholes some sellers as well as buyers use to take advantage of people and the goal has been to delay.
    Usually but not always PayPal will freeze whatever funds there are until the dispute is settled.
    KeyTechniques

I'm giving up - I just filed my dispute with PayPal for $692.38

I hope it works. I'm sick and tired of waiting, it's been almost 14 weeks for a "6 week turnaround".

He turned me around, all right... and didn't even buy me a drink afterwards.

Good luck, everybody. If anybody hears about a set of used Corky's for sale, please let me know.

So... today... literally 10 minutes ago I get a Facebook message from somebody at Megillian asking me to confirm the color of the parts I wanted and my shipping address - claiming they will ship out tonight and I'll be supplied with a tracking number.

Yeah... right. We'll see. I'll let you all know if I get some kind of visibility on my parts actually being shipped.

Spyderchat Enthusiast

I was about to order a set, saw this thread and stopped. Please update with your issue resolution. Would hate to wait months, be out of pocket the cash whole time, then never get my order.
    Also concerned with some other reports of extremely difficult fitting. If you get it bolted up, some feedback on install would be great!

If the guy had just been up front - just TELL me it's going to be 3-4 months or whatever, I would have still ordered them.

My problem here is, he told me six weeks.

I'll post again when something happens either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dernmabe View Post
    I was about to order a set, saw this thread and stopped. Please update with your issue resolution. Would hate to wait months, be out of pocket the cash whole time, then never get my order.
    Also concerned with some other reports of extremely difficult fitting. If you get it bolted up, some feedback on install would be great!
    That is what is happening with me...

See my https://www.spyderchat.com/forums/sh...=1#post2113307 thread for an idea of what may happen to you if you order from his company...

Spyderchat Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by shaybeyla View Post
    Here is the same brace from a different source

https://www.barbarianracing.co.uk/pr...s-brace-bar-3/

Another option from the UK forum. This is a copy of Corky's breastplate

https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.p...6573#msg796573

Buying international has complications with shipping and customs, so that may not be a good choice for everyone. Not all companies will even ship international. Megillian Motorsports is basically a custom fab shop (not really a manufacturer) that builds to order and is apparently very busy. Their mid-brace isn't that impressive anyway.
    You're never too old to learn something stupid.

15 weeks after having paid in full for the complete brace kit - I've just been told that they gave my upper brace to someone else because "Steve thought I wanted a refund".

Emails from me every week, with requests for status updates went unanswered except for rare occasions, and each response was a lie.

My emails were very clear right up to and including when I finally just opened a PayPal dispute about a week ago - on May 6.

I explained I did not want the money, I want the parts. I had to open the dispute in it's preliminary form to protect myself and establish a time line. I let them know as soon as I see some proof of shipping that I would cancel it, and not escalate to PayPal.

This morning, Hamish tells me this: (exact quote)

Just caught up with Steve. Yes the parts are built, however the upper brace was reallocated to another customer after you opened the PayPal dispute (as Steve assumed that you wanted to cancel the order.)

This is the email that must have confused him, although I don't know how it's possible... I think I was pretty clear what my intentions were:

I can see from forum posts that you're answering other people's emails.

I also see that I've been more patient than quite a few others... I really just want the parts.

I got a facebook message from somebody a couple days ago, saying that the items would be shipped and I'd get a tracking number.

I have begun a paypal dispute but I can close it immediately if you can just send me a tracking number and I'll even go on the forums and put a positive spin on the whole thing.

Please, just help me finish my car, this is the last piece of the puzzle.

You be the judge - How could anybody think from that email that all I wanted was a refund. I even offered to try and help with some damage control out here on Spyderchat.

BUYER BEWARE - I'll post again when and if I get my $692.38 back.

Spyderchat Enthusiast Mr.Mr2006's Avatar

This is ridiculous ! I would be very angry myself ... Good that I have read this thread as I have both emailed them and facebook texted them about a shipping question and I still didn't get any replay.

Anyone knows if Matperformance's under brace is available ? Where could I buy it ?
    Thanks.