More future MR2 click bait.

Thread: More future MR2 click bait.

Default More future MR2 click bait.

ivan-2018-1-of-2.jpg

ivan-2018-2-of-2.jpg

I could live with that. I also like that they say it will have a Toyota engine. We can only hope.

https://www.automachi.com/2019/03/to...Yl93Gq91yaBzzY

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpyderChat.com
    Advertisements

Nice...

2001 MRS with Mono Craft GT-300 Body

Spyderchat Enthusiast

Looking Really good. Better than most Lexus's

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpyderChat.com
    Advertisements

I donít think it will look even remotely like that if they were to make it.

It looks horrible as a future car coffee table book.
    KeyTechniques
    You can find our web page by typing "Keytechniques" on top of your browser and clicking the first result.
    Keyhole covers / Bumper plugs / MR-S key-chains / Door sills / Bushing kits and so much more.

Well, that is a concept type photo. I am sure that if it is even remotely close to the look of the future MR2 that it will have smaller wheels and tires, more prominent headlamps and more subtle body lines. Look at how the FT1 morphed into the FT86 and how the concept Supra melted into the production model Supra.

Most important to me is. if they do it at all, make it a Toyota with a Toyota produced engine. Although it would not surprise me if it was electric.

P.S. Keep it small!

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    Well, that is a concept type photo. I am sure that if it is even remotely close to the look of the future MR2 that it will have smaller wheels and tires, more prominent headlamps and more subtle body lines. Look at how the FT1 morphed into the FT86 and how the concept Supra melted into the production model Supra.

Most important to me is. if they do it at all, make it a Toyota with a Toyota produced engine. Although it would not surprise me if it was electric.

P.S. Keep it small!
    Absolutely and have it made at Toyota Motor City. I think itís cool that the new Supra is made in Austria but I want the Japanese to build me a Japanese car.
    KeyTechniques
    You can find our web page by typing "Keytechniques" on top of your browser and clicking the first result.
    Keyhole covers / Bumper plugs / MR-S key-chains / Door sills / Bushing kits and so much more.

Spyderchat Enthusiast

ivan-2018-1-of-2.jpg

ivan-2018-2-of-2.jpg

I could live with that. I also like that they say it will have a Toyota engine. We can only hope.

https://www.automachi.com/2019/03/to...Yl93Gq91yaBzzY

I saw this rendering a month or two ago. Looks like ass, I prefer styling cues that have lineage or heritage continuity. This is very Tesla bugatti nsx -esque in a nameless blazer and slacks white collar appearance. I don't think Calty would fail so badly after having success with the current marine mammal and myliobatiformes elements. This is likely another case of fake news. Then again with styling that bland who cares if you can in an accident. It looks like the most watered down version of a W chassis, but its kinda silly they put a Lexus rear end on this Toyota concept. From what I gather from studying these images, this is a rendering of a front engine vehicle.

That looks like futuristic riced out Cadillac trash, major pass.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by dev Hidden Content
    The most important thing is to separate the tool from the intent just like you need to separate the ignorance from your posts.

Yup, Iím not loving it either. Itís going to be heinously expensive Iím sure if itís even made that way.
    2004 Green w/ tan top, moderately modded.

I wonder If they are going to try and revive the MK2 type of MR2.
    It will be heavier than what we have, no convertible option but with more power.
    If so that won't necessarily make me feel bad that I didn't decide to upgrade.

If however they built another killer light weight MR2 that is a convertible to compete with current MX-5 I would be miserable.
    Last edited by dev; 03-28-2019 at 04:15 PM.
    KeyTechniques

Spyderchat Enthusiast

You gotta love the stance, though. You just gotta. So they probably won't do that. It will stand there about like an Echo.

I never had even the remotest inkling to buy the new Supra, but somehow it was still a terrible disappointment to see them slap a Toyota sticker on a Z4 and call it a Supra. Shameful...

Spyderchat Enthusiast

We bought our Spyder because it was a convertible, so........... not interested. We would rather drive our Golf R if we need a roof.
    You're never too old to learn something stupid.

I still like it...

Get rid of those cowboy hat emblems on the front and rear and it would look like, and as good, as many of the high-end super cars out there.

Now if it was a convertible, and affordable, that would be awesome too...

Its fun to dream sometimes...
    2001 MRS with Mono Craft GT-300 Body

Quote Originally Posted by NottaMiata View Post
    You gotta love the stance, though. You just gotta. So they probably won't do that. It will stand there about like an Echo.

I never had even the remotest inkling to buy the new Supra, but somehow it was still a terrible disappointment to see them slap a Toyota sticker on a Z4 and call it a Supra. Shameful...

I thought this also but it's more Toyota than the FRS. It was more or less a joint venture between the two companies that had difficulty getting along because Toyota had issues with the engine. It may share the same chassis and engine but everything else is its own unique car.

Toyota found faults with durability during their reliability testing and made BMW change components until they got it right.

The cool thing is its not manufactured by BMW or Toyota but subcontracted by an Austrian company that also makes the Mercedes G Wagon with other very high end cars.
    Why this is cool is because Austrians are known for their skills and attention to detail, and they charge for it.
    Austrians like the Japanese take pride in the manufacturing of their goods. It probably doesn't matter but its very unique thing to see in our time a Toyota (not even a Lexus) being manufactured along with other high end luxury cars.
    KeyTechniques

Quote Originally Posted by NottaMiata View Post

I thought this also but it's apparently more Toyota than the FRS. Apparently it was more or less a joint venture between the two companies that had difficulty getting along because Toyota had issues with the engine. It may share the same chassis and engine but everything else is its own unique car.

Toyota found faults with durability during their reliability testing and made BMW change components until they got it right.

The cool thing is its not manufactured by BMW or Toyota but subcontracted by an Austrian company that also makes the Mercedes G Wagon with other very high end cars.
    Why this is cool is because Austrians are known for their skills and attention to detail, and they charge for it.
    Austrians like the Japanese take pride in the manufacturing of their goods. It probably doesn't matter but its very unique thing to see in our time a Toyota (not even a Lexus) being manufactured along with other high end luxury cars.
    KeyTechniques

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    It may share the same chassis and engine but everything else is its own unique car.
    I have have read Toyota's propaganda on this and I am not buying it personally. There is visual evidence that this is not really the case. Look at the mirrors. They are right off the Z4. Compare the interior of the new Supra to cars like the M2, X3 and others. The style of the Interior is all BMW. Even all the knobs and sliders are right out of other BMW models.

I am sure Toyota tuned the chassis to meet their vision for the car. I certainly hope that they made BMW make changes that would make the car more reliable and more easily serviceable.

I do not really have a dog in this fight. I owned two Supra in the past. I am not interested in this one. There are just too many things that I do not like about it.

I have have read Toyota's propaganda on this and I am not buying it personally. There is visual evidence that this is not really the case. Look at the mirrors. They are right off the Z4. Compare the interior of the new Supra to cars like the M2, X3 and others. The style of the Interior is all BMW. Even all the knobs and sliders are right out of other BMW models.

I am sure Toyota tuned the chassis to meet their vision for the car. I certainly hope that they made BMW make changes that would make the car more reliable and more easily serviceable.

I do not really have a dog in this fight. I owned two Supra in the past. I am not interested in this one. There are just too many things that I do not like about it.
    I suppose the jury is still out. It appears that some of the Supra guys are going to do 2JZ swaps because they feel the new engine might not be as robust for those extreme power builds.
    BMWs are crap cars, sure they drive great but everything is a nightmare of unreliability especially the seven series. Why Toyota would want to deal with this company is beyond me when it is to their disadvantage.
    It will be interesting to see how they are received once the journalists are no longer in the picture and they are in the hands of more enthusiasts.
    KeyTechniques

Spyderchat Enthusiast

BMW's drive handle and brake better than anything Toyota has made. Even the expensive Lexus "sports" car are soft and floppy.

Toyota doesn't build sports cars anymore. The FRS is a Subaru. The supra is a BMW. If it's a sports car another company will build it.

Any new MR2 will either be a daihatsu sports car or a midengine pruis with lots of cost cutting.
    Last edited by silversprint; 03-28-2019 at 11:11 PM.
    Green 2zz, Red 2zz, veilside turbo (sold), monocraft wide body (sold)
    Lotus Elise
    Rx7 twin turbo
    70 Porsche 911

Spyderchat Enthusiast

I wish you weren't correct about this. When the parts lists were leaked a few monthes ago I did a little research. Found out the lower control arms, at least the fronts, are the exact same as the previous generation z4. I was hoping it would have at least a unique interior, but unfortunately it has a water down version of the bmw with last seasons infotainment. The Z gets the new equipment of course, but who cares they both are BMWs. If it had a lexus interior... now we are talking baby.
    The RC costs near the same as a new Supra and has a very similar wheelbase and track width. It weighs a bit more, but it has a real Toyota engine, double wishbone suspension and lexus interior. Something tells me the Gt class race cars based on the RC will soon be rebadged and styled after the Zupra car, but not replaced.