Free Visor Plugs from Prizm

Thread: Free Visor Plugs from Prizm

Spyderchat Enthusiast Uncle Mush's Avatar

Default Free Visor Plugs from Prizm

Hey Y'all . . .

Y'all thought the offer from Prizm for the FREE Visor Plugs were trolling -- or a scam. I'm here to tell you that is not the case.

Please reference this thread: https://www.spyderchat.com/forums/showthread.php?153285-Free-visor-plugs&highlight=visor+Plugs

I stated in that thread that Prizm started (offering to give these away) that I had sent a PM with my shipping information and that I would like to have them. I use a Post Office Box for small items, but I only check it about once a month. When I picked-up the mail today, there was a small package from Prizm and it contained new -- still in the original packaging -- Midship Runabout Red Screaming Chicken Visor Plugs . . . complete with instructions and the original invoice from Quality Images (Knob Meister) showing the amount paid for these visor plugs that were purchased 3/22/19!

I want to publicly thank Prizm for his generous gift and kindness extended to me. I don't know if Prizm stuck around after being called a troll and falsely accused of scamming us, but in case you are still here, Prizm: Thank you for your kindness and generosity. You are very kind, sir.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpyderChat.com
    Advertisements

Spyderchat Enthusiast

Good man
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mush View Post
    Hey Y'all . . .

Y'all thought the offer from Prizm for the FREE Visor Plugs were trolling -- or a scam. I'm here to tell you that is not the case.

Please reference this thread: https://www.spyderchat.com/forums/sh...ht=visor+Plugs

I stated in that thread that Prizm started (offering to give these away) that I had sent a PM with my shipping information and that I would like to have them. I use a Post Office Box for small items, but I only check it about once a month. When I picked-up the mail today, there was a small package from Prizm and it contained new -- still in the original packaging -- Midship Runabout Red Screaming Chicken Visor Plugs . . . complete with instructions and the original invoice from Quality Images (Knob Meister) showing the amount paid for these visor plugs that were purchased 3/22/19!

I want to publicly thank Prizm for his generous gift and kindness extended to me. I don't know if Prizm stuck around after being called a troll and falsely accused of scamming us, but in case you are still here, Prizm: Thank you for your kindness and generosity. You are very kind, sir.

Spyderchat Enthusiast

Dang it! I clicked thinking he had another set. haha

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpyderChat.com
    Advertisements

Hey Y'all . . .

I don't know if it is a case of mistaken identity but there is a good reason for being accused.

They are from David Meister and her engraved with a red eagle logo
    It should have been Knobmeister not David Meister. David Meister is a fashion designer. Although I did not participate on the thread in question I do blame the OP for trolling or at best extreme laziness. If he or she didn't know just say I have free visor plugs.

The thread should not have been locked and Prizm should have had a chance to respond but as we have seen lately these people don't respond.
    When someone is accused in the past for being a troll they would respond like normal people are suppose to do and that is how you know they are real.
    KeyTechniques
    You can find our web page by typing "Keytechniques" on top of your browser and clicking the first result.
    Keyhole covers / Bumper plugs / MR-S key-chains / Door sills / Bushing kits and so much more.

I'm guessing that the "David Meister" mistake is a result of voice to text messaging and that software did not recognize KnobMeister and so inserted what was more familiar: "David Meister".

For me, that's besides the point of my post. I just wanted to thank Prizm, if he is still around. That's all.

I'm guessing that the "David Meister" mistake is a result of voice to text messaging and that software did not recognize KnobMeister and so inserted what was more familiar: "David Meister".

For me, that's besides the point of my post. I just wanted to thank Prizm, if he is still around. That's all.
    I completely understand. It might have been some kind of technology glitch but its still the responsibility of the op to respond to clarify.
    I actually didn't initially respond to that thread because I though it was legitimate unlike the others however there is so much fake advertising trolling going on that its getting hard to distinguish.

That is why I don't think any of these so called trolling threads should be locked but I do think they should be meet with extreme skepticism.
    KeyTechniques
    You can find our web page by typing "Keytechniques" on top of your browser and clicking the first result.
    Keyhole covers / Bumper plugs / MR-S key-chains / Door sills / Bushing kits and so much more.

FWIW . . .

I haven't heard back from Prizm yet via SpyderChat, but I did send a thank you card via USPS yesterday. I did hear back from Joe at Knobmeister and he reported that he had accidently sent 2 sets of visor plugs to Prizm and when Prizm informed Joe of the mistake, Joe said to give away the extra set to a spyder enthusiast. So, Kudos to Joe for giving away the extra set and kudos to Prizm for following instructions and gifting the visor plugs. I am grateful, and thought the community would benefit from know these two folks are stand-up guys. If you are interested in ordering visor plugs for your Spyder, they can be found at www.knobmeister.com. Thanks again, Prizm and Joe. Y'all rock!

Uncle Mush;
    I use my visors, so I don’t need the plugs. I’m curious if you use them will you get “dinged” on points when you show your near-concourse quality Spyder?
    2000 3PO Powered by Yamaha 2ZZ-GE, 6-speed, hard top and custom wide-body 2018 Tundra 1979 Phantom Sailboat
    2018 Green Eagle Paramotor; The Flying Go Kart- Dead-stick landing: Hidden Content

Spyderchat Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by xbiker View Post
    Uncle Mush;
    I use my visors, so I don’t need the plugs. I’m curious if you use them will you get “dinged” on points when you show your near-concourse quality Spyder?
    The thought of even a figurative "ding" on Uncle Mush's fabulous Spyder is too much for me to bear.

Quote Originally Posted by xbiker View Post
    Uncle Mush;
    Although I don't have very many mods to begin with, when doing a concours show, almost all the mods come off. The only ones I can't easily change-out (or hide) are the JDM badges, so I leave them and take the points hit. Pretty much all the other modes can come off and the original parts can go back on in a couple of hours, and that's because I'm slow. Last time I got lucky and didn't get dinged for the pneumatic spring lifts on the frunk and engine hoods (which I left on due to my own laziness). Those mounting brackets are paint matched to the car, so it all looks stock to an untrained eye.

BTW . . . I haven't seen many posts from you lately xbiker. Good to hear from you again. Have you been flying lately?
    Last edited by Uncle Mush; 04-27-2019 at 03:24 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by DesertWanderer View Post
    The thought of even a figurative "ding" on Uncle Mush's fabulous Spyder is too much for me to bear.
    You are much too kind, sir. But thank you.

In the last concours, which was a few years ago our final score was 96 out of a hundred which put us at 2nd place behind a Lamborghini Diablo who placed 1st with a score of 96.5. Third place was a Massartti Spider who had a final score of 95. We lost 2 points for the JDM badging, 1/2 point for some "tears" (the only word I can think of to define the condition) in some pipping in the fabric of the soft top, and 1.5 points for "Interior- poor rubber condition at back doors where top meets" which to this day, I am not sure what they saw as it looks fine to me. I was happy as a clam to get that score and place where we did.

What really amazed me (I needed to learn what is important in a concours event) was I had planned to show the car with the OEM hardtop and was told there would be a point reduction for that because the car did not come off the assembly line with the hardtop. Fortunately, the judges were very kind to me and agreed to walk away for a few minutes to let me remove the hardtop and then return to judge the car sans the hardtop. If we had left the hardtop on, at best we would have placed third and possibly not at all.

It was a really fun event and I learned a lot. It was also gratifying to be acknowledged for being a good custodian of this car.

I love concours events because the judging is a lot more fair than the subjective judging of other types of car shows. And, it proved to me that it is not the price of the car that makes the difference in the show, it is the originality and condition of the car that makes the difference. In that show there were 2 Lamborghini Diablos, the Maserati Spider, a BMW or two, I seem to remember there was a Jaguar (though I am not certain), some other sports cars that I don't remember and even a Toyota GT2000! We beat out all but one car in our class by being a good custodian of our car. That was awesome and something I am still proud of to this day!
    Last edited by Uncle Mush; 04-27-2019 at 03:25 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks again for the questions and kind words. Inspired me to take a walk down memory lane. Here is the link to the original thread I posted just after we took 2nd place at that Concours:

https://www.spyderchat.com/forums/showthread.php?92690-Uncle-Mush-s-040-at-the-SLO-Concours-de-Elegance&highlight=concours

Spyderchat Enthusiast

What is a visor plug?

Quote Originally Posted by keloidjonesjr View Post
    What is a visor plug?
    It covers the hole that is left when you remove your visor.
    2001 MRS with Mono Craft GT-300 Body

Quote Originally Posted by keloidjonesjr View Post
    What is a visor plug?
    Unscrew the two screws that hold the visors in place and replace with visor plugs. The Visor Plug tidies up the holes left by the vacancy of the OEM visors. Here is the link to knobmeister website that shows the model I inherited from Prizm: https://knobmeister.com/?product=mr2-spyder-j-spec-eagle-red

This is a really sweet little mod.