Insane 2 seater

Thread: Insane 2 seater

Default Insane 2 seater

K20 swapped Fiat X1/9:

220 HP

0-100 mph in 14 seconds. Expensive at $31 K but likely a lot of fun.

No power anything, no AC:

https://jalopnik.com/a-vtec-swapped-...ern-1834200464

Likely too small for me, but I’d love to try one...and a video as well:

https://youtu.be/Z9WE4pNzABE

Apologies if posted in the past, but I just saw the Jalopnik article today.
    2004 Green w/ tan top, moderately modded.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SpyderChat.com
    Advertisements

Interesting engine swap.

Mine was quick until about 80 mph, and then it petered out, and then there was always something to fix.

What turned me off completely to the X19 was the numerous F/R separated sections laying in the Junk Yards while scouring for spare parts.
    2001 MRS with Mono Craft GT-300 Body

Spyderchat Enthusiast marsrock7's Avatar

That looks like a heck of a lot of fun. Just like the author, for a fun car, I'd definitely spend 32k on this before a new Miata.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SpyderChat.com
    Advertisements

Spyderchat Enthusiast

It is a lot easier to swap a K20 into a Spyder than an X19

Spyderchat Enthusiast Uncle Mush's Avatar

Default This might be a thread jack.

I apologize if this is too much of a departure from the Fiat Bertone X-1/9 discussion above. If so, let me know and I'll go back in and delete this post.

I just heard (and saw a stealth photo) about the new-for-2020 mid-engine Corvette. A mid-engine Corvette actually coming into existence is likely not news to most of you, but it was for me. What are your thoughts about that creature? I read about it, blurry-eyed, early this morning so maybe I missed some facts in my twilight slumber/awakened state.

Not off point at all. As far as I know, it will be mid engined but I thought they were having some issues with it, so it’s not ready for prime time yet. I have no doubt it will be expensive...very expensive.
    2004 Green w/ tan top, moderately modded.

Spyderchat Enthusiast zerocavity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mush View Post
    I apologize if this is too much of a departure from the Fiat Bertone X-1/9 discussion above. If so, let me know and I'll go back in and delete this post.

I just heard (and saw a stealth photo) about the new-for-2020 mid-engine Corvette. A mid-engine Corvette actually coming into existence is likely not news to most of you, but it was for me. What are your thoughts about that creature? I read about it, blurry-eyed, early this morning so maybe I missed some facts in my twilight slumber/awakened state.
    I think it is great that they are pushing the boundary of the Corvette. I wonder if the enthusiasts will accept the car considering it will have a twin turbo v6. Now that I think of it, it exactly competes to the ford gt and of course other mid-engine cars, but it got the same treatment with the engine to a v6.

Also, I saw this video last year. they might start the new season with the new car. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbUBMpl2DuY
    2001 1ZZ, Che Headers, BC Racing Coilovers, MAF Mod, Noob's Crash bar, Midship Roundabout front logo, Team Moon dual exhaust through bumper, Corcky Breast Plate, and TRD Front Strut Bar.

Spyderchat Enthusiast marsrock7's Avatar

Default Mid-engine Corvette

I think enthusiasts have already accepted it.... They've been begging for this for 50 years. I've also come across several articles saying dealers across the country are slashing prices on remaining Corvettes in stock (there are many) because the buyers are just gone. Everyone seems to be waiting for the C8 to drop.

Nothing is confirmed yet engine wise but NA V8, TT V6, TT V8 and an AWD hybrid system (electric powered front wheels) have all been hinted at. Most of these drivetrains would seat the Corvette with big name supercars.