MR2 SpyderChat banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Moreso than crumple zones, I'd be worried about your front end looking like the Flying Nun at highway speeds unless you add some hood pins at the corners

Smile Arm Cloud Sky Hat

(I know it's been discussed but I wanted to make the joke anyway 😆)

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
some rake, vents in the hood and a chin lip should be more than enough to kee a very moderate ´gutting´ down. Yet have 4 push button pins ready for back up.
Remember it is probably well under 2 kilo deleted. Hardly world beating for the car either but then lots of little bits make a big bit.
I have added some 150 kgs of lightness sofar and 1,5 kgs more (or less) is another % more (or less) (y)

Also again/still losing some myself and the current charming company is under 50 kgs :cool:

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Don´t you just ´love´ it when life gets in the way of your plans.
So I had borrowed the nice and handy sheet metal grinder of the local repair shop. Poored myself a coffee before tacking the bonnet and... pulled ´a muscle´ like not being able to move after it spread in 5 minutes.
Today the resident charming company is helping me with the chores like the horses but... She will stay.
So what? I hear you ask. Well, if I am recovered enough to start on the bonnet tomorow she will most definitely vent her disapproval. I will still go ahead but I can easily do without ´the look´ for the rest of the week.

·
Registered
135 Posts
My Mark 1 hoods have been cut for various ducts, vents and such for decades.

I would suggest strong adhesive glue be placed at the perimeter of any remaining supports under the hood deck if you plan on lots of over 100mph adventures.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I would suggest strong adhesive glue be placed at the perimeter of any remaining supports under the hood deck if you plan on lots of over 100mph adventures.
Thanks but the perimeter of the internal frame is mechanically véry solidly clamped, Leaving that well alone. Only taking the middle sections out. Part of which I took out earlier for vents.

Unfortunately the weather is not coöperating. No wurry, no hurry, will be dun.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts