MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Is there any place that I can get the customer hardness for 03+ headlights swap with 00 headlights ? Or any conversion kids exist ? Also, does anyone successfully retrofitting a HID projector unit on to the 00 headlights ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you ! This guide is exactly what I need !! Thank you so much ! Does anyone has a list of compitable projectors unit that will fit the housing ? One of the step here showed the E55 projector back seal rubber by the casing is not big enough to cover and ended up using RTV to seal it ? not sure what that means.. If there is a picture to show the ultimate fitting there would be great.. Also where can I find the matching clear signal lens to replace the orange lens ? What about the projector lens ? Any suggestion for best fit for the spyder ? Is the E55 project lens not good enough ? What need to be changed and what options out there ?

Many thanks again..

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Thank you ! This guide is exactly what I need !! Thank you so much ! Does anyone has a list of compitable projectors unit that will fit the housing ? One of the step here showed the E55 projector back seal rubber by the casing is not big enough to cover and ended up using RTV to seal it ? not sure what that means.. If there is a picture to show the ultimate fitting there would be great.. Also where can I find the matching clear signal lens to replace the orange lens ? What about the projector lens ? Any suggestion for best fit for the spyder ? Is the E55 project lens not good enough ? What need to be changed and what options out there ?

Many thanks again..
Here's another site to look at:

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/index.php

It lists sizes for everything, so you can measure your housing and see what size you want for your end product.

Also, RTV ( Room temperature vulcanizing) Sealant is a rubbery goo-tube that you can use to basically make your own waterproof gaskets for many applications. it's great because it cures in place after you apply it. It's readily available from any auto parts store.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Are the projectors in the 03 headlights bad with hids?

I mean is the cut off ugly and unclear?
Does the light horizontally look very narrow?
I heard there are little holes that show up above the cut off?

What is the pros/cons to upgrading to the 03 headlights w/ HIDs or 00 headlights with retrofit TSX lens?
I know retrofitting is very expensive and its hard to find someone to do it.

Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit (D2S)
$295.00
The Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III offers all the perks of the full size bi-xenon projectors re-thought into a less expensive, considerably easier to install retrofit kit.

or

http://spyderchat.com/forums/showth...-03-headlamp-sale-thread&highlight=headlights

1 - 5 of 5 Posts