MR2 SpyderChat banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (paul price @ Oct 17 2007, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
glad i found this.

i cant understand why someone would go through all the trouble to take pics and do a great write up, and it not get put in the library where it can be easy to find :\ .[/b]
haha Someday Paul! Thanks though. If you need any help with it let me know. Library anyone?

·
Registered
15,151 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jbreese00 @ Oct 17 2007, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (paul price @ Oct 17 2007, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
glad i found this.

i cant understand why someone would go through all the trouble to take pics and do a great write up, and it not get put in the library where it can be easy to find :\ .[/b]
haha Someday Paul! Thanks though. If you need any help with it let me know. Library anyone?
[/b][/quote]
Nothing makes the Library anymore.

·
Registered
284 Posts
hello
i read and read the post but always get lost. sorry. what are sockets?( are they the things that hold the bulb in place)? where can i buy them?
im confused because i know there are 3 different bulbs used for the 01 head lights(1st amber bulb,2nd tiny bulb,3rd the main bulb) but in the 03+ there are 4 ( 1st amber bulb,2nd tiny bulb,3rd the main bulb,and the 4th for the projector)what wires do i use for the 4th bulb?
thankyou

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jonathan_m12 @ Oct 27 2007, 12:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
hello
i read and read the post but always get lost. sorry. what are sockets?( are they the things that hold the bulb in place)? where can i buy them?
im confused because i know there are 3 different bulbs used for the 01 head lights(1st amber bulb,2nd tiny bulb,3rd the main bulb) but in the 03+ there are 4 ( 1st amber bulb,2nd tiny bulb,3rd the main bulb,and the 4th for the projector)what wires do i use for the 4th bulb?
thankyou[/b]
Sockets are what the bulb plugs into; some people call them harnesses. For this headlight upgrade, you need to not think that you are doing a 3 bulb to a 4 bulb. You are doing a 1 to 2 bulb. The rest of the bulbs (turn signal, etc.) are irrelavant.

You'll need an H7 socket and a 9005 socket. The 9005 socket is easy to get; you can get it at advance autoparts or anything like that. For the H7, get it here http://www.racinglab.com/kyo-pnp-wh-h7.html

I listed out the wiring schematics, use them as they make perfect sense.. It does not make much sense now but if you go to your car, pull out the plastics and take a look at the colors of the wires, they will make some sense. Get your hands a little dirty.

·
Registered
284 Posts
hello
im now looking for an hid kit, can someone point me to the right direction? im looking for some thing like a 6000k. jbreese do you have any pics of yours? and if i get the hid kit do i still need to buy the h7 harness?
thanks
jonathan

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Read my initial post and you'll see the pictures of the silver boxes that are the HID units. Yes you'll need the H7 harness because the HID unit you must get is for an H7. I'd recommend 4300 unless you don't care about visability. Thirdly, search and read! There is a GB for HIDs in commercial sales.

Did you take off the frunk plastics yet to have a look and get aquainted? Again, I highly recommend it so you can understand everything better.

·
Registered
284 Posts
hello
ok understand most of it.i have a couple more questions: first off is when i cut 9004 socket off do you just replace it with the 9005 socket? and last question hopfully, if i get a hid kit with the h7 bulb do i still need to to buy that h7 socket you showed me?
thanks
jonathan

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jonathan_m12 @ Oct 31 2007, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
hello
ok understand most of it.i have a couple more questions: first off is when i cut 9004 socket off do you just replace it with the 9005 socket? and last question hopfully, if i get a hid kit with the h7 bulb do i still need to to buy that h7 socket you showed me?
thanks
jonathan[/b]
Read my previous post where I tell you that yes you still need to buy the H7 socket. An H7 HID kit can only plug into an H7 socket. You cut the 9004 and splice in the 9005 and H7 (along with the fused-power brought up from the battery).

·
Registered
380 Posts
Ive been told by aw11onfire that it is possible to connect your power wires to your fuse box, has anyone used this method besides drilling?

·
Registered
20 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DevlArmz @ May 4 2008, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ive been told by aw11onfire that it is possible to connect your power wires to your fuse box, has anyone used this method besides drilling?[/b]
This is my question, too.... That's half the reason why I've been so lazy with not installing mine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cgagexii @ Jun 21 2008, 07:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DevlArmz @ May 4 2008, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ive been told by aw11onfire that it is possible to connect your power wires to your fuse box, has anyone used this method besides drilling?[/b]
This is my question, too.... That's half the reason why I've been so lazy with not installing mine.
[/b][/quote]

What I did was simply connect the previous bulb connector to the ballast and then the ballast to the HID bulbs which fit into the original sockets. But I also put lots of glue using a glue gun to completely seal it. The ballast was placed under the headlights and used the existing holes and some good old plastic straps (huge ones). Going for 2 months, no problems.

Regards.

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DevlArmz @ May 4 2008, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

If you remove your rear bins,there are large rubber gromets on each side you can snip a hole in and run the wire through.
i had a pic of it done but cant find it at the moment.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fifajay @ Jun 21 2008, 06:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DevlArmz @ May 4 2008, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you remove your rear bins,there are large rubber gromets on each side you can snip a hole in and run the wire through.
i had a pic of it done but cant find it at the moment.
[/b][/quote]
I was going to use them but they are a PITA to get into without me thinking the whole time that I was going to puncture another wire and short out some random connection.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts