MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I fell in love with MR2 Spyder after owning a 2000 back in 04'. Although I sold it after less than a year of ownership due to school expense, I couldn't forget it since then. So I bought a 91' NA MR2 because I always like the exterior design of it, but it just wasn't the same:( too much weight and not nimble/ quick enough:( Therefore the search starts during 2009, after MANY MANY visits of abused or so called great condition Spyders, where the owners don't know anything and not taking care of this rare car (btw, since when seller started to lie about the condition of the vehicle), I finally found one at CarMax (hate them with passion:angry:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Looks like he's got some good mods installed already :p :

2003 Solar Yellow>> TRD Header> TRD Short Shifter> TRD Inlet Duct> Ohlins PCV> 3.0 Stage 3 Bracing

Never heard of a TRD inlet duct.

Enjoy it!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I intend on slowly lightly modify it, nothing too major and something tasteful for the exterior.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like he's got some good mods installed already :p :

2003 Solar Yellow>> TRD Header> TRD Short Shifter> TRD Inlet Duct> Ohlins PCV> 3.0 Stage 3 Bracing

Never heard of a TRD inlet duct.

Enjoy it!
:lol: yeah, I acquired these parts during the search so they'll SLOWLY be installed. As of right now it is bone stock.
The TRD inlet duct is just a VERY EXPENSIVE piece of metal where most people just use a $5 plastic tube from home depot. No difference whatsoever other than the material and look (p.s. I'm a huge sucker for TRD:silly:)
http://trdparts.jp/english/parts_inlet-duct.html

·
Registered
860 Posts
Great looking car, congrats! I'm assuming it wasn't a cheap purchase considering it was from a carmax dealer. Hate those damn stickers they put on the back too.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
There are people out there that will pay $$$ for that TRD inlet duct.
Maybe not on these forums tho :cool:

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
:lol: yeah, I acquired these parts during the search so they'll SLOWLY be installed. As of right now it is bone stock.
The TRD inlet duct is just a VERY EXPENSIVE piece of metal where most people just use a $5 plastic tube from home depot. No difference whatsoever other than the material and look (p.s. I'm a huge sucker for TRD:silly:)
http://trdparts.jp/english/parts_inlet-duct.html
That looks pretty, any pics of it on the car?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great looking car, congrats! I'm assuming it wasn't a cheap purchase considering it was from a carmax dealer. Hate those damn stickers they put on the back too.
you're right it wasn't:angry: and as for the "CARMAX" sticker, my wife took them off first thing the next day:lol: guess she hates it more than me~

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That looks pretty, any pics of it on the car?
It looks SO MUCH BETTER in picture and so so in real life:( I'm planning on installing it this weekend so I'll be putting pics up^_^

·
Registered
643 Posts
Ahh yellow! Can't go wrong with that color. Originally wanted one in yellow but couldn't find one in time so went with black instead.

Permagrin here you go!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Time to take off the cowboy hat!

Last look...

After quick detailer spray and dental floss, off we go and here comes the ghost~

Thanks to window cleaner, don't need too much elbow grease to get rid of the ghost^_^ Might as well do clay, polish, and wax while at it:lol:

Time for JDM MR-S Limited V-Edition Emblem!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Great looking MR2. However,you should move to a state where front plates are not required.

My first was a yellow.

Bruce

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Dev's MR-S pull plate

Here is a shot of the high quality brushed stainless steel MR-S Pull Plate from Dev, thank you Dev~

Finally time to cover up the empty space with screws^_^

After a little bit of 3M emblem adhesive, voila~

·
Registered
782 Posts
Ahh yellow! Can't go wrong with that color. Originally wanted one in yellow but couldn't find one in time so went with black instead.

Permagrin here you go!
You ended up with the best color for the spyder, even if it wasn't your first choice!!
Nice clean ride MR-S_JEFF, congrats!!!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Just gave her a wash during the weekend and brought her out for some pictures

nice day after bath~

All stock except for the hidden TRD header~

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)

Finally the "TOYOTA" is gone!

After some rubbing and Meguiars Scratch X, the TRD badge goes on nicely~ I love it^_^

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
MR2 Spyder Doorsills DIY

Just need a roll of 3M Scotchprint Wrap Film 1080-BR120 (Aluminum), hair dryer, rubbing alcohol, and xacto knife

Here is the doorsill after cleaned with rubbing alcohol

Cut the film into a strip long enough to cover the whole area with little extra for trimming

Use dryer to soften the film and grab a plastic card that isn't sharp to push in the edge and corner

Once you got the desire shape and form, get ready for cutting (slow and steady)

Here is what it looks like afterward (the corners were cut that well, still need more practice^_^)

Here is a close up of the brushed aluminum film!

Then put on whatever design, emblem, stickers, etc you want, and make it your own!

Here is another view!

Here are close up of LordTakuban's custom carbon fiber "MR2 Spyder" film, thanks LT!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts