MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy's. I'm not sure if this is a silly idea or not but I've read that a battery thats not in great condition but still able to start the car car cause problems with our SMT, and I think I also read somewhere that Cap thought that there is a lot of electrical noise that also gives us grief. Would connecting up a 1 Farrard capacitor like the audio guys do with sub woofers to give themselves an extra reserve of power help at all and also smooth out some electrical noise ? Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Just keep a good battery in. I'd worry about quick release of the capacitor without a regulator punching the ECU in the balls.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahhh....well said. It was just a thought, but its good you can have these forums to bounce an idea around. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
23,067 Posts
Just keep a good battery in. I'd worry about quick release of the capacitor without a regulator punching the ECU in the balls.
Actually a capacitor will not do that. What a capacitor will do is absolutely nothing even for audio.
There are exceptions but for the most people who have car stereo systems it's mostly snake oil for the masses.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
What a capacitor will do is absolutely nothing even for audio.
There are exceptions but for the most people who have car stereo systems it's mostly snake oil for the masses.
bingo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts