MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Black Label Fab has partnered with TurboKits.com to re-develop their MR2 Spyder Turbo Kit. We are proud to announce that the kit has passed R&D, QC and is in full production. Also in the news: with this collaboration TurboKits.com has been awarded the exclusive rights to the Black Label Fab brand. What does this mean for you? Unmatched customer service paired with the finest engineers in the business! Black Label Fab is a group of designers and fabricators that believe in quality parts at an affordable price. Only the best materials are selected; Stainless Steel, T6061 Alum, Silicone Couplers, High Flow Filters, etc. Short cuts that jeopardize quality to cut costs are not an option. The parts are then fully mandrel bent and polished to perfection. Take a look at the new kit below to see for yourself!

BLF MR2 Spyder Turbo Kit Includes:
- BLF Journal Bearing Billet T28 Turbo
- Cast 4-in-1 High Flow Sil Moly Turbo Manifold
- Polished Mandrel Bent Stainless Downpipe w/ High Flow CAT
- Polished Mandrel Bent Stainless Muffler Pipe
- Functional Ram Air Intake Using Side Air Scoop
- Polished T6061 Mandrel Bent 3" Aluminum Intake Pipe
- Polished T6061 Mandrel Bent 2.5" Aluminum Charge Pipe
- K&N High Flow Air Filter
- Forge Billet BOV
- AEM FIC (Fuel Injector Controller)
- AEM FIC Wire In Harness (Plug n Play Available)
- (4) 440cc Denso Factory Clip Drop-In Injectors
- Water / Meth Injection Kit w/ Mounting Bracket
- Stainless Braided Oil Feed & Drain Lines
- Stainless Braided Water Lines & Fittings
- Stainless T-Bolt Clamps
- 4 Ply Silicone Couplers
- All Hardware & Fittings for Install
- Detailed Step by Step Installation Instructions

BLF Turbo Kit Pics

BLF Turbo Kit DYNO Charts - Before -vs- After

AFR & Boost Display

BLF Turbo Kit Video
[video=youtube;v=GNyJGarIJ_c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNyJGarIJ_c[/video]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNyJGarIJ_c

The price for all of this power and excellence is only $3195.00. Please call (860-676-2929), e-mail ([email protected]) or PM.

Thanks for your interest and we welcome any questions...

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
I think you are supposed to contact the Chief of Slugs here (good luck with that) and pay a tax of some sort and limit this to the commercial sales section.

Aside from that, good luck with this venture. The world needs more turbo spyders.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah no doubt, we will gladly be a forum sponsor... Please contact me ASAP! to set it up :)

I think you are supposed to contact the Chief of Slugs here (good luck with that) and pay a tax of some sort and limit this to the commercial sales section.

Aside from that, good luck with this venture. The world needs more turbo spyders.

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
Looks like a nice kit. Are there any options like not getting the AEM FIC. Supposing the customer already has a standalone like the Apexi PFC im sure they wouldnt want to spend money on parts they dont need.

And what about Intercooler options?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yeah, for sure, we can deduct $300 to remove the AEM FIC.

In regards to the intercooler, a long straight piece was left in the charge pipe for the addition of a water to air cooler. The normal air to airs just don't cut it on the rear / mid engine set ups like the Spyder. The water injection system that was incorporated into the kit showed the same power as the older intercooled kit, but 10+ DYNOs pulls in a row. Meaning no heat soak and very consistent results. On top of that, we put close to 500 miles on the prototype over a long weekend and went through about 1/2 of the water/meth so it's not something that has to be filled all that much (never if you stay out of boost, but who would do that LOL).

Anyway, thanks for your interest and questions :eusa_dance:

Looks like a nice kit. Are there any options like not getting the AEM FIC. Supposing the customer already has a standalone like the Apexi PFC im sure they wouldnt want to spend money on parts they dont need.

And what about Intercooler options?

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
Yeah, for sure, we can deduct $300 to remove the AEM FIC.

In regards to the intercooler, a long straight piece was left in the charge pipe for the addition of a water to air cooler. The normal air to airs just don't cut it on the rear / mid engine set ups like the Spyder. The water injection system that was incorporated into the kit showed the same power as the older intercooled kit, but 10+ DYNOs pulls in a row. Meaning no heat soak and very consistent results. On top of that, we put close to 500 miles on the prototype over a long weekend and went through about 1/2 of the water/meth so it's not something that has to be filled all that much (never if you stay out of boost, but who would do that LOL).

Anyway, thanks for your interest and questions :eusa_dance:
I like this

·
Registered
597 Posts
Mitch dont you have other things to focus on before a turbo kit?

·
Registered
947 Posts
I've driven around non Intercooled on methanol. It gets hot real fast in the summer, dangerously hot to where my J&S had to kick in on the highway. The hotter it got the slower I was. I would market a W/A set up since there is such a convenient spot right there or leave it as a dyi job. I can see benefits to this new set up. :)

Also Turbo-Kits also has some of the best customer service I've ever had.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Actually, the kit was re-engineered around our already existing CAST manifolds, so making the kit a 2ZZ is as simple as a manifold & injector swap! SAME PRICE!

please make a 2zz kit!!! just like this same price
they'll probably just give u the manifold from the celica kits. done. lol

Base map, but yes, they put hours on the DYNO and street tuning the map. There were a few thousand miles and numerous DYNO pulls logged before the car was given back to the owner and not one CEL. The car was flawless, traffic, up hill, down hill, back roads, city, long highway drives, boost, after boost, after boost, the car ran like it was supposed to come this way from the factory. The full mapping capability of the FIC was used (Ignition, Fuel, MAF & O2 maps) to make it as smooth as possible. That being said, it's still considered a base map and as always we suggest the system gets professionally inspected, logged & tweaked to make sure it's best on your specific set up.

does your FIC come with a map?

Now, we have all of the major components in stock and are just waiting for a few of the custom couplers we had made to come in.

and when is gonna be available???

:lol:
Come to the dark side!

This sounds like a great deal. Wow i dont think i have ever been so tempted...

LOL, nice. You'll need one with that added power. You can barely shift out of 1st before you hit the rev limit... It's sooo fast!

Does it come with a LSD? :lol: just kidding.

The development was done over the summer here in CT and it was a hot one last year (record breaking) and we did not have any issues. Thanks for the heads up tho. The straight part was left in the pipe for customers who wanted to add a W/A set up.

I've driven around non Intercooled on methanol. It gets hot real fast in the summer, dangerously hot to where my J&S had to kick in on the highway. The hotter it got the slower I was. I would market a W/A set up since there is such a convenient spot right there or leave it as a dyi job. I can see benefits to this new set up.

Also Turbo-Kits also has some of the best customer service I've ever had.

·
Registered
8,497 Posts
Not sure the cast manifold fits the 2zz. A couple of people have tried the cast manifold on the 2zz and the bottom of the turbo hits the cross member.

Someone should volunteer a 2zz spyder to Turbokits to do a test fit.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Where can I buy methanol and how much does it usually run? Do I have to go to a performance shop or can buy at Home Depot, or other big retail chain?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I wasn't aware the 2ZZ sits that much lower in the Spyder than the 1ZZ?

Are you sure it hit, or it was close? If it's close a good set of motor mounts and some "massaging" of the cross member and your golden!

Not sure the cast manifold fits the 2zz. A couple of people have tried the cast manifold on the 2zz and the bottom of the turbo hits the cross member.

Do it up... We'll gladly take in a 2ZZ Spyder and do the install and tuning at a major discount if anyone is interested.

Someone should volunteer a 2zz spyder to Turbokits to do a test fit.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
3 options
1) Snow Performance Boost Juice (4) 1 Gal Bottles (51% water/49% methanol) = $31.00
2) You can go to home depot and get pure methanol and mix it with water yourself for a savings
3) If you are ever in a jam, windshield washer fluid typically has a 30 - 40% methanol mix already. I would not run this all of the time, but it is an option if you are stuck.

Either way, it's fairly common stuff and not that expensive.

Where can I buy methanol and how much does it usually run? Do I have to go to a performance shop or can buy at Home Depot, or other big retail chain?

1 - 20 of 245 Posts