MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not talking train horns, aoogahh horns, dukes of hazzard or any other awkward novelty horns.

My horns died last night while someone cut me off during traffic and raining and was looking for replacement horns. What I found maybe novelty but I like it enough that its decent loud 110db up to 135db says the information.

http://www.ildungmall.net/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=87

Let me know what you think, weather its complete shit/ blasphemy or awesome/ great find!

Either way, your opinion good or bad would be great!

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
i think the more popular aftermarket horns i have seen are the Hella Supertones... you can get them for a good price here..

http://www.amazon.com/HELLA-0033998...A03S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337091185&sr=8-1

i will be eventually getting these... i find that with the spyder so low, when i'm in a parking lot, people backing out of spots can't see me so i am usually on my horn alot... i want to make sure that if they don't see me, they will def hear me...

·
Registered
497 Posts
Stebel horns are pretty decent. I'm not sure about the fitment on Spyder, though.

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
I have the Hella Air Horns. The ones you posted dont sound bad until they go into the techno beat.

·
Registered
17,055 Posts
There was a time when you could buy Spyderwoman's hooters from ex-boy racer. They would get your attention. I don't remember if they were Hellas or Fiamms.

·
Registered
578 Posts
The Spyder horn is very good. The new MX5's horn is about 2/3rds as loud and sounds like the Roadrunner cartoons.
It's loud enough, but it's still just an overgrown alarm clock buzzer. I'd like a horn that says HONK!!!, not a beeper that says pardon me sir. Something that makes you think you're about to be tagged by a late-60's Plymouth land barge.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I want to get a horn off an american car. They play a much, much deeper note. I want people to move like I'm driving a Caddy

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I want to get a horn off an american car. They play a much, much deeper note. I want people to move like I'm driving a Caddy
Damn, now you got me looking at the cadillac horns, can our 12v system handle the 4 horn package?

Or should I wire a switched relay from the battery to power them?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts