MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I am about ready to order my new set of wheels and put my stock ones on the shelf. I am planning on going with Volk TE37 SL wheels in 17 x 7.5. The offsets that are offered on this rim is +22, +35, and +40. I want a more aggressive fitment with my wheels, but im not trying to have the rims stick outside of the fender. I do plan on getting TEIN coilovers very soon as well, maybe even before the wheels. The tires that I want to put on are 205/40-17s on the front and 215/40-17s on the rear.

I just want to know how this will fit. Will it rub? How low will I be able to go on the coilovers? Does anyone have this setup already? What offset do you recomend? Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
870 Posts
+40 will sit just under the guards

+35 will sit flush / tad under

I too looked at the TE37 sl's, but I wanted wider at the rear and they couldn't be custom made.
I have now gone for the Work XD9's 17x7.5 front 17x8.5 rear... both 32+ offsets

Use this if unsure or to see how it will sit:
http://www.jonathanrowny.com/page/offset-calculator

I used 75mm front hub to fender / 85mm hub to fender - will be more if you have grater camber, I only have 1.5o on the front 1.25o rear..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright cool, thanks for the link. I'm at work right now so I'm going to have to check it out later. 22 offset would probably be way too much huh lol.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Unless you want hellapoke... then yes..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts