MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got 17x8.25 xxr 527's. They currently have 235/45 on them and they fit just flush with minimal rub. What tire size should I do to make them not rub?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it has tein lowering springs and it only rubs on the back driverside fender. I have not driven it yet with the fronts on but i can only assume it rubs more when taking turns.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How close is it to the outer edge of the fender? What offset?
its like less than a centimeter and I don't know the offset but they stick out hella I bought them from an idiot so I guess that makes two lol

·
Registered
451 Posts
it has tein lowering springs and it only rubs on the back driverside fender. I have not driven it yet with the fronts on but i can only assume it rubs more when taking turns.
The fronts are bound to rub more when driving. It is not the angle of steering which is the crucial issue but the compression when cornering hard. The outside front gets loaded the most per definition and is the most likely to run the interior plastic.

Apart from rubbing or not, these wheels weigh an áweful lot more than OEM size.

Tbh it is beyond me why these kinds of mods are not considered ´ricer´ . I mean it is looks harming performance no?!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Individuality. Keeps cars interesting.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Individuality. Keeps cars interesting.
No difference of opinion there. I think that of things seen over here as ricer too, even stancing an MR2 on too wide rubber gets my seal of approval in that sense; it definitely has a Manga cool; is its own thing in its own rght.
Just find the delusion about larger wheels/wider rubber ...euhhhmmm.... surprising.

·
Registered
68 Posts
No difference of opinion there. I think that of things seen over here as ricer too, even stancing an MR2 on too wide rubber gets my seal of approval in that sense; it definitely has a Manga cool; is its own thing in its own rght.
Just find the delusion about larger wheels/wider rubber ...euhhhmmm.... surprising.
From a non-performance look/feel, I agree...Maxima with 24s for example. But for a mid-engine sports car with balance similar to a porsche, I want porsche-like tire size and width lol

A goal was to add turbo and try to get McLaren 720S power to weight ratio and front/rear weight distro. A work in progress...

·
Registered
451 Posts
From a non-performance look/feel, I agree...Maxima with 24s for example. But for a mid-engine sports car with balance similar to a porsche, I want porsche-like tire size and width lol

A goal was to add turbo and try to get McLaren 720S power to weight ratio and front/rear weight distro. A work in progress...
I have the 1ZZ in and got the weight down to well under 900 kgs.
Currently on 195 front, 205 rear on 15" RPF1s and going back to 185 front. It is just thát bit quicker.

I would problably gone TRD supercharger of TTE turbo last year (and stayed on the same rubber) if either had been available but for the mountain roads here it it fast enough. Can get the AD08Rs to slide on all wheels and provoke oversteer as I wish in the first three gears which already is well illegal speed. And for going fast in a straight line... get on a train. The TGV here tops 400 km/h.
All the speed limits have been reduced over here per 1st of May this year and the highways are véry strictly monitored/enforced. Fast simply makes no sense anymore on the public road; rests handling. Enter stock size lighweight wheels....

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have the 1ZZ in and got the weight down to well under 900 kgs.
Currently on 195 front, 205 rear on 15" RPF1s and going back to 185 front. It is just thát bit quicker.

I would problably gone TRD supercharger of TTE turbo last year (and stayed on the same rubber) if either had been available but for the mountain roads here it it fast enough. Can get the AD08Rs to slide on all wheels and provoke oversteer as I wish in the first three gears which already is well illegal speed. And for going fast in a straight line... get on a train. The TGV here tops 400 km/h.
All the speed limits have been reduced over here per 1st of May this year and the highways are véry strictly monitored/enforced. Fast simply makes no sense anymore on the public road; rests handling. Enter stock size lighweight wheels....
Not familiar with that flag, where are you located?

I know the feeling though. I was stationed in Italy and Germany, bought a Fiat Coupe 1.8 4 cyl, 5 speed manual. It was slow in straight and a dog going uphill, but was a blast on the windy roads. Made me appreciate small light cars.

I've seen some say they got a lot of wheelspin with more power so I wanted a lot more rubber based on my goals. I didn't consider the rubber they were on though.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Living in the mountainous heartland of Andalucía, Spain. Drivers´ heaven with touge-like local roads all over for hundreds of kms.
Sometimes go for a nice lunch at the med. beach; write out 4 hrs or so of curves. Then back a different one. The charming company reading the notes. Hence moding a JDM ´ passenger airbag delete ´ to hold a motorbike roadbook reader.

Wheelspin when cornering, well that is drifting and got fined for it with a 1999 SSangYong Musso 2.3 Diesel... My son has framed the slip :cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts