MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Totally understand you there. Any other transmissions that mate well? Beside stock 5 speed?
The deal with the 6-speed is, everything has to be installed right, then it will behave. I deserve to be put on the wall of shame for struggling for a year, upgrading the shift knob, shifter and cable bushings before realizing the car was missing a clamp/bracket on each cable. After that fix it was no issue to deal with the smaller gates.

·
Registered
229 Posts
The deal with the 6-speed is, everything has to be installed right, then it will behave. I deserve to be put on the wall of shame for struggling for a year, upgrading the shift knob, shifter and cable bushings before realizing the car was missing a clamp/bracket on each cable. After that fix it was no issue to deal with the smaller gates.
I have a sneaky suspicion that the shifter assembly thing is not put together correctly. The smaller gates are no issue at all for me. Also gear selection is quite stiff then again it's shorter throw.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.