MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Indiana is listed by the census bureau as being in the "East North Central Division" of the Midwest...I'll post this in both Central and Midwest forums.

I did not organize a 2019 Indiana Meet. There will_be a 2020 Indiana Spyder Meet...it will be called "The 1st Annual xbiker Memorial Spyder Meet"(x seemed to never capitalize the "x"). It will be run the weekend after Memorial Day, 5/29-30. It can be a 2 day affair, with 2 different routes, or a visit to IMS one day, and the drive the next, or...
There is plenty of time to "plan(sorry to those who don't like planning)".

Any thoughts, chime in...I'm always open to ideas.

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Something has happened in Indy that may help "us" drive on the most famous race track on the face of the Earth. The Indianapolis Motor Speedway was sold to Roger Penske. One of his 18 ownership victories in THE 500 was with a Toyota powered car. I'm going to contact Mr Penske to see if he would allow "us" to do a drive around the track(I'll ask to do both courses, the oval and the road). The "old" ownership denied this, due to IMS being a "GM" track(support etc.), even tho GM and Toyota had a collaboration.

We'll see...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts