Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1ZZ dyno, now with 2ZZ comparison

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2ZZ + stock 2001 ECU. mods:
PPE intake, header, CAT, Exhaust.

Basically same mod as my previous 1ZZ

Well done Job from DD Performance & research.

Now awaiting PFC tune and we will compare again.

Car is in DD Performance & Research awaiting for 2ZZ swap. Figure to put in on dyno and see what my car have been making.

Mods to engine are PPE header, PPE HFC (downpipe with CAT), TM single Aluminum. Autozone flex hose to replace the stock intake inlet hose. Stock clutch and flywheel.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Actually that looks right for a 1ZZ, stock dyno should be in the 119 hp range.

·
Registered
782 Posts
thats the point is not stock
Headers and downpipe with cat shouldn't do much, unless he has other mods not posted on his signature.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Just goes to show that NA mods don't help that much on a 1ZZ. Considering average drive line loss and dyno variables, 120 whp seems pretty good.
I agree, it sounds like a very healthy 1ZZ!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
mine back when I was N/A

forgot to mention mods where CHE header downpipe and catback weapon r intake

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my 1ZZ is not healthy... it is knocking, thats why it is waiting for a 2ZZ swap :)

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
There are numerous instances of inconsistent readings from Dynojet dynos. I know for sonar's car it's pure academics at this point because he's getting ready for a swap, but I wouldn't be concerned about numbers if there is a good tune. At a car meet today I was offered to take advantage of a very inexpensive dyno. I declined because my car is running great and I don't care about the hp numbers the car will produce in an artificial environment.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't think knocking will affect power output. In fact, if the rod travels a little further than stock, you've got a stroked engine!
Maybe thats why my power so high. i got stroked engine!! :lol:
Anyway, those mods that i had on does not really made any real power gain. But sure it made the car feel faster.

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
Yes, dynos are all over the place. My car dyno'd at 133whp and 116ft/lbs (going off memory on this one...) on a Dynojet.
That was with AEM cold air intake, PPE header, PPE mid-pipe (no cat), and the prototype for the Che dual canister center exit exhaust. Stock ECU

I refuse to believe that, even on a small displacement motor, that bolt-ons of this quality would yield negligible gains. The stock equipment was incredibly restrictive.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Updated with 2zz dyno for comparison. see first post.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Don't forget you have a new act clutch and fidanza flywheel along with some other misc goodies :D

I had forgotten how good the throttle response is with the fidanza.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts