MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of one and can point me in the right direction? I did about an hour of searching and came up with nothing! =(

All the good writeups used the boomslang.

·
Registered
988 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like a lot more than 3 wires! Everything I have read says to get a 2zz harness and use three wires from it. So, I have the harness, just need to know what to do. Looks like the ground itself has to move as well as a few others (lift etc). I was hoping there was a writeup on how to make these modifications, but perhaps I will need to make one =)

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
If you look at the LIB Files.. you will find the Pin Out I Did..

The CELICA 1ZZ VS 2ZZ are the Same Except for the Lift Wires.. Only Three.. Two for the Sol Power.. and One for the Confirming Oil Pressure Switch..

The Differences between the Spyder and the Celica ECU are Varied.. depending upon what part of the World you are in..

Lets talk about what HAS to be Changed.. Spyder VS Celica..

The IMMob that is in the Spyder.. is not in the US Celica.. But is in the EU Celica.. The Wires can Stay the Same.. ( Leave them )

The Cruse Control Computer.. Leave them.. Not an issue..

There is a Ground that needs to me Moved.. and ONE of the O2 Sensor Wires ( After Cat ) needs to be Moved to what WAS the Left Bank O2 Sensor.. That will only be TWO wires.. One for the Sensor.. and one for the Heater Return..

The P/S ECU will not have a Run Sig from the Engine ECU ( As the Celica Knows nothing of the Spyder P/S System.. ).. the Spyder P/S ECU will just turn on when the Key is turned to the On.. it wont wait till after the Engine Starts..

I think you have to add One or Two Pins to the Spyder ECU plug.. and that is why you want a 2ZZ Harness to cut from.. ( I think )

This is all from memory.. so If I find any Errors.. I'll Edit..

BottleFEDMR2 does his Swaps by Cutting and Moving the Wires at the Plug of the ECU.. ( In the Engine Harness ).. but he started out by actually moving the Pins IN the Plug .. real PITA but can be Done..

Cap

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Some of the Confusion in the Lib File, is because the Description is For a Boomslang Harness..

http://spyderchat.com/forums/showthread.php?37945-1-and-2-ZZ-ECU-s-Side-by-Side..-Sorta

Lets Start off with the A Plug..

The A7 pin From the ECU needs to be Taken to Ground.. BUT Others have left this one Alone with No troubles.. your Choice..

The B Plug gets a little More Complicated..

B 12 in the Spyder is Nothing.. But the Celica ECU wants to see a Ground there..
Again.. others have Left this Alone..

B16/B25 in the Engine Harness, is the Left Side O2 Sensor for the Spyder Car.. but the Celica ECU wants to see the After Cat Sensor Here.. So you need to go Grab the Wires that are at C8 and C9 in the Wire Harness, and Move them Here..

Moving to the C Harness..
Celica C6/C7 are the Outputs for the Lift Sol Wires.. But the Spyder Wire Harness has these for Something Else.. C6 is Direct Ground in the Spyder Harness.. and C7 is Missing.. So C6 has one Wire necessary for the Lift Wire, but C7 needs to be added.. this is where the Additional 2ZZ Wireharness can come in.. or you can Pull it from some of the Immob Wires that are not used..

The C6 in the Wire Harness is Direct Ground.. you can Take this Back to A7 For a Ground that is Missing.. That will fix that missing Ground Wire..

Next is C21.. this WAS used as an O2 Sensor Input, in the Spyder Configuration.. and you Moved the Harness Wires to B Plug.. But the ECU side of C21 will now be used to detect the Oil Pressure Switch of the Lift Sol..

The D Plug can be Left Alone..

I think that is all..

Cap

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some of the Confusion in the Lib File, is because the Description is For a Boomslang Harness..

http://spyderchat.com/forums/showthread.php?37945-1-and-2-ZZ-ECU-s-Side-by-Side..-Sorta

The A7 pin From the ECU needs to be Taken to Ground.. BUT Others have left this one Alone with No troubles.. your Choice..

B 12 in the Spyder is Nothing.. But the Celica ECU wants to see a Ground there..

B16/B25 in the Engine Harness, is the Left Side O2 Sensor for the Spyder Car.. but the Celica ECU wants to see the After Cat Sensor Here.. So you need to go Grab the Wires that are at C8 and C9 in the Wire Harness, and Move them Here..

Celica C6/C7 are the Outputs for the Lift Sol Wires.. But the Spyder Wire Harness has these for Something Else.. C6 is Direct Ground in the Spyder Harness.. and C7 is Missing.. So C6 has one Wire necessary for the Lift Wire, but C7 needs to be added.. this is where the Additional 2ZZ Wireharness can come in.. or you can Pull it from some of the Immob Wires that are not used..

The C6 in the Wire Harness is Direct Ground.. you can Take this Back to A7 For a Ground that is Missing.. That will fix that missing Ground Wire..

Next is C21.. this WAS used as an O2 Sensor Input, in the Spyder Configuration.. and you Moved the Harness Wires to B Plug.. But the ECU side of C21 will now be used to detect the Oil Pressure Switch of the Lift Sol..

I think that is all..

Cap
Brilliant!

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I should have asked this first, but does it matter if I am using an Apexi PFC?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I think I have everything, but I want to double check, and I was hoping someone had a photo of the swap harness that is available out there (could take some pictures of the wires on the plugs (both sides). I saw the one on MWR but need some better pictures =)

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I think that is all..

Cap

Ok, so after reviewing again I drew a diagram and have a few places where I am lost, hope I can explain.

Bring = Jump?
Move = Move

• After I move C8 and C9, does anything need to be present here on the 2zz PFC?
  • So on the C6 Ground on the Spyder Harness I can leave that wire where it is but bring (jump) it to A7 to satisfy that ground? Or do I pull the entire part of this from the harness (both wires) and run them to C6/C7 respectively and just move the original C6 Ground to A7?
  • After I add a wire C7 to the harness plug, where does the other end go? To the sensor on the engine itself?
  • C21, I am just totally lost. You mention this was moved, but I dont see where you specified this was previously moved. What is the original Engine Oil Pressure Switch on the Spyder? I am seeing that as D22.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
***After I move C8 and C9, does anything need to be present here on the 2zz PFC?

........No the PFC will no see any wires on these pins..

***So on the C6 Ground on the Spyder Harness I can leave that wire where it is but bring (jump) it to A7 to satisfy that ground? Or do I pull the entire part of this from the harness (both wires) and run them to C6/C7 respectively and just move the original C6 Ground to A7?

.......C6 and C7 wires that come out of the PFC will go to NEW wires that are added to the Wire Harness that will end up at the Lift Sol.. on the 2ZZ ECU..

***After I add a wire C7 to the harness plug, where does the other end go? To the sensor on the engine itself?

... The Original Wire that was going to C6 on the Spyder ECU is a Ground.. It will no Longer go to C6, as the Celica ECU is using that as an Output Wire.. you will make the wire that WAS going to C6 Now go to 2 Places.. it will go to A7 and B12.. as they need grounds for the Celica ECU

***C21, I am just totally lost. You mention this was moved, but I dont see where you specified this was previously moved. What is the original Engine Oil Pressure Switch on the Spyder? I am seeing that as D22.

... Your Right.. I screwed up on that 'Move' note.. you did not move anything from that pin.. It was for the Spyder Left Side O2 Sensor.. That will now be used as input for the Lift Oil Pressure Switch that is located on the 2ZZ head..

Others have Added a Wire at this Spot ( C21) in the ECU harness and Taken it with the Two Lift Sol Wires, and run a Bundle of three Extra Wires out to the Additional Plugs Required on the 2ZZ Head..

Cap

1 - 12 of 12 Posts