MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after my 3rd oil change since I forged my engine I noticed that each 3 months my car loose or burns or disappears 2 quarts of oil... I'm using 10w30 mobil 1 fully syntetic. Car does not leak oil anywhere FYI. So any recommendations of other oil to use? what oil do you guys use ? synthetic or regular ? any consumption at all?

·
Registered
998 Posts
I don't think oil brand has much to do with your oil consumption. Are you sure your turbo seals are not leaking? Not smoking through the exhaust doesn't mean it's not leaking, because the compressor side is much more prone to leak. I find that a rebuilt engine usually leaks more oil than usual, especially when the oil rings are not OEM and gaped wider (to compensate for expansion under more heat).

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
5w30 Mobil1. Cars don't lose that much oil unless u have bad seals or rings. Check your bay for oil stains. Bad seal on oil filter?
nope no leaks anywhere turbo is in very good condition

Or it's being sucked out of the head and into the intake.

Do you have crank vents?
nope and also i dont have the blow by hoses conected to the intake they are vented both of them

I forgot tell that the mechnaic told me about some valve seals... but I dont really know if that might be my issue...

·
Registered
947 Posts
I use Castrol 10w30 Full Syntec. I have breathers on the crank case and pcv while capping off the tb/intake manifold ends. I've used a catch can and it didn't do much for me while cluttering up my engine bay.

I thought "blow by" past the turbo seals was quite normal and sometimes noticeable on the connections but not to the point you are losing a substantial amount of oil at the dipstick. Having said that I may need to top it off half a quart in between an oil change and my motor is at 122k miles, boosted 25k miles. My motor doesn't have oil on it either.

·
Registered
2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2.0L Stroker
4,207 Posts
valve seals may cause it. Though the amount your talking about seem excessive. If you need to replace them I have some laying around.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.