MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any 1ZZ turbo manifolds available to buy?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sounds stupid, but check eBay. I have no idea what the quality, brand, or fitment is like, but I have come across 1zz/2zz turbo mani's on eBay when looking for random Spyder stuff. Maybe someone else on here has experience?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Check out turbokits.com I think they sell individual components

·
Registered
947 Posts
The ebay/Che require work but very affordable.

You can check out Neukin for both 1ZZ and 2ZZ. They're hand made, high quality in any flange configuration :cool:

·
Registered
495 Posts
I think it was something like $300-400, but it's a really nicely made piece

·
Registered
199 Posts
That was the only piece we re-used from the original turbo that came on the MR2 spyder turbo kit we just finished. We had to do some port work on both flanges, but it was otherwise a decent cast piece.

You can see it here:
http://www.ddperformanceresearch.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=66&start=10

You would also need to re-shape the ports for a 2zz application as the 2zz exhaust are oval-ish, and the ebay manifold comes in the 1zz circular port.

·
Registered
553 Posts
The ebay/Che require work but very affordable.

You can check out Neukin for both 1ZZ and 2ZZ. They're hand made, high quality in any flange configuration :cool:
Not putting them down but I remember reading a guy bought one and they never responded back to him. Did he ever get his. I'm asking because they make a pretty piece and I'm about to go turbo. My only requirements are good communications on the vendors part.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Not putting them down but I remember reading a guy bought one and they never responded back to him. Did he ever get his. I'm asking because they make a pretty piece and I'm about to go turbo. My only requirements are good communications on the vendors part.
Yes that member did receive the manifold. It did take 4 months due to being busy/fabricate/shipping overseas. The member decided to to a K20 swap during the order and sent it back to Neukin at a loss.

I know this because we keep in contact and have great communication. Once the manifold made it back to the US I agreed to buy it as a spare so he could recover his cost.

Like I said these are made by a person and not a machine so be patient. The wait is worth it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
553 Posts
Yes that member did receive the manifold. It did take 4 months due to being busy/fabricate/shipping overseas. The member decided to to a K20 swap during the order and sent it back to Neukin at a loss.

I know this because we keep in contact and have great communication. Once the manifold made it back to the US I agreed to buy it as a spare so he could recover his cost.

Like I said these are made by a person and not a machine so be patient. The wait is worth it :thumbsup:
No I hear you. It's a pretty one at that. I just talked to my tuner and he determined he will not attempt to run parallel ECU on my car. I guess I will remain n/a. Can he do headers for a 2zz?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts