MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, these arrived today:

I've tried searching, but can't seem to find any information on installing these fog lights. I understand that I will need to cut the bumper, but I'm wondering more about how to wire them in.

Does anyone have any insight or know where I could find any more info? Maybe rcntype or some other users with this mod can chime in?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
If you don't want them, I'll take them.

I believe there are markings on the inside of the bumper that tell you exactly where to cut. The holes are slightly oval.

btw - where did you get these and how much?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I picked them up from Yahoo Auctions Japan for roughly 90 USD. Shipping and other fees were an additional ~60.

I have read about the markings/templates on the inside of the bumper. I am wondering where I can source the rest of the parts I will need. Each foglight has a harness as you can see in the photo. I will need to source the OEM push button for an '03+ I assume?

I will be keeping these! I've been looking for a set for a while! Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
Congrats!! JDM fog light crew in US increased by 1!! :lol:

Looks like theres a crack in one lense?

Since I've actually just diag a problem with my fog's I'm pretty sure about the circuitry it uses. Its pretty much uses a relay circuit to power the light thru a 15amp fuse. If you look in the dash fuse box you'll see it even labeled on the cover. Mines was wired with a direct power wire from the rear fuse box in the engine compartment. There was one other wire that came out of the relay I didn't follow. And obviously a switch. Mines fit into the blank on the left side of the steering column.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
I picked them up from Yahoo Auctions Japan for roughly 90 USD. Shipping and other fees were an additional ~60.

I have read about the markings/templates on the inside of the bumper. I am wondering where I can source the rest of the parts I will need. Each foglight has a harness as you can see in the photo. I will need to source the OEM push button for an '03+ I assume?

I will be keeping these! I've been looking for a set for a while! Thanks for the help.
I've got an extra kit if you are interested.

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
You can't wire them in. It's physically and electrically impossible. I'll give you $20 for them so you can cut your losses.

:cool:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats!! JDM fog light crew in US increased by 1!! :lol:
Canada, actually (most likely bringing the total in Canada up to 1)! JDM Fog light North America crew!

Wow, I didn't notice. It may be a reflection, but I will have to check when I get home tonight. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
damn, I have been scouring EAJ for these things!
That's where I found them, deep in the pages of a search for "ZZW30".

EAJ is actually pretty great and I have been able to find some very cool things on there.

·
Registered
7,649 Posts
Does anyone have pictures on how the bezels mount to the backside of the bumper? I've had the bezels for a few years but I don't have any of the hardware.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
EAJ = www.EasyAuctionJapan.com

I checked the fog lights tonight and neither are cracked. It's just a reflection from inside the housing shining onto the lens and causing that line. Phew.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
that should be ground...

1 wire for 12v+ (30)

1 wire for ground (85)

1 wire to switch (86)

1 wire to the fog lights itself (87)

87A is not used on the relay...
It was not a normal relay from say Radio shack.

That could be it. But the fog also grounded at its own end.

But that kit Glenonoka post is exactly how mines look with looms and green wires and brackets. Wow leftcoast you totally lucked out.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow leftcoast you totally lucked out.
It's not very comfortable having this horseshoe shoved up there, but it seems to be working.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts