MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up for sale is my 2000 spectra blue mica MR2. It got a 2zz swap from bottlefed a little over a year ago and I do not drive the car enough to justify me keeping it (car has got less than 400 miles since I got the swap over a year ago!).

Mod list:
-2zz from a vibe with ~48k miles
-Apexi PFC with tune by brandon
-Che 2zz header
-Che 2zz intake
-9lb flywheel
-Stage 1 clutch (both clutch and flywheel haven't even been broken in yet!)
-2zz alternator
-Corkey's BP and the two other under braces by Che are included but not installed
-TWM short throw shifter and after market knob also included and uninstalled
-New battery was put in the car on Nov 1
The reason for selling as stated above is the fact I hardly touch this car and it deserves to be driven! I'm the third owner of the car and it has ~163k chassis miles. These were mainly highway miles as the first owner was in the military and commuted (and you can tell due to the great condition of the seats and interior). The second owner then sold the car to me when precat problems arouse and I then shipped the car to Brandon for the swap. All 3 factory keys are included as well.

Cons:
-163k chassis miles; has rock chips that you'd expect a car of this millage to have but the paint itself is still in great shape
-There is a dime sized crack in the front windshield that was there when I purchased the car and never got around to fixing this.

Overall the car runs great and other than a few minor cosmetic blemishes. If anyone has ANY questions at all please do not hesitate AT ALL to ask. Pics will be uploaded once I figure out how to upload them :lol:

Asking $7500 OBO

-Matt

·
Registered
69 Posts
additional info

Other than bracing, is suspension stock?

original 5sp transmission?

thanks

·
Registered
553 Posts
Up for sale is my 2000 spectra blue mica MR2. It got a 2zz swap from bottlefed a little over a year ago and I do not drive the car enough to justify me keeping it (car has got less than 400 miles since I got the swap over a year ago!).

Mod list:
-2zz from a vibe with ~48k miles
-Apexi PFC with tune by brandon
-Che 2zz header
-Che 2zz intake
-9lb flywheel
-Stage 1 clutch (both clutch and flywheel haven't even been broken in yet!)
-2zz alternator
-Corkey's BP and the two other under braces by Che are included but not installed
-TWM short throw shifter and after market knob also included and uninstalled
-New battery was put in the car on Nov 1
The reason for selling as stated above is the fact I hardly touch this car and it deserves to be driven! I'm the third owner of the car and it has ~163k chassis miles. These were mainly highway miles as the first owner was in the military and commuted (and you can tell due to the great condition of the seats and interior). The second owner then sold the car to me when precat problems arouse and I then shipped the car to Brandon for the swap. All 3 factory keys are included as well.

Cons:
-163k chassis miles; has rock chips that you'd expect a car of this millage to have but the paint itself is still in great shape
-There is a dime sized crack in the front windshield that was there when I purchased the car and never got around to fixing this.

Overall the car runs great and other than a few minor cosmetic blemishes. If anyone has ANY questions at all please do not hesitate AT ALL to ask. Pics will be uploaded once I figure out how to upload them :lol:

Asking $7500 OBO

-Matt
You near Renton? Can I take a look?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Not looking to have you part it out. I'm interested in the entire car. But I need to figure out how to smog it since I live in the city.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not looking to have you part it out. I'm interested in the entire car. But I need to figure out how to smog it since I live in the city.
The part out was meant to answer another question. I'm not familiar with smog as Island county doesn't require it so I cant really help on that. I'd imagine that you would have to buy the stock ECU? Not quite sure.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Everything hooked up correctly? ie all harness/cables? TPS wires been switched?

So all I have to do is plug in the oem ecu and the obd2 port is functional?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Everything hooked up correctly? ie all harness/cables? TPS wires been switched?

So all I have to do is plug in the oem ecu and the obd2 port is functional?
I'm actually unsure. Brandon did the entire swap and install. And for the second question I'm unfamiliar with what is involved with the ECU, that's why I payed to have the car shipped to someone that does know. Sorry I cannot give you a definitive answer.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I'm actually unsure. Brandon did the entire swap and install. And for the second question I'm unfamiliar with what is involved with the ECU, that's why I payed to have the car shipped to someone that does know. Sorry I cannot give you a definitive answer.

You free anytime this week? Can you meet me somewhere?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts