1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
I think that is the first time I've seen the area around the turn signal painted. Doesn't look bad. The retrofit is very nice looking.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The cost for just the headlights is about $400 for the projectors and HID kit. Dual switch color signal light is $55 a pair from Ebay. LED DRL is $50 from EBay also. I have a local contractor that is very good in retrofitting headlights in Vancouver did it for me.

I also installed the Advanced Key (proximity key alarm / keyless entry) as well.. No need for keys to open the doors anymore !

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
747 Posts
Looks great! BTW, nice looking Spyder, I bet the previous owner took great care of it and tastefully modded it! It looks like you are on your way to doing wonderful things to the car, enjoy!!

BTW, could not have been more happy to sell the car to oris98! First class guy, was great to get to know him and by the time we talked several times, I could tell he would take great care of the car and be a good member of the Spyder nation!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh yeah ! the previous owner from Chicago took very good care of the spyder to make it shine ! Thanks mid-ship crisis for the good words ! You are the greatest seller that I have ever encounter !

I uses the dual switch signal lights from http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&vxp=mtr&item=160843695736

They are a bit more money than other sellers but they are a unique design as each of the LEDs can switch between amber and white light. Some cheaper one on ebay, each LEDs can only produce one single color. So this one has 60 LEDs meaning that both color make up of complete 60 LEDs compared to the cheaper one each color only made out of 30 LEDs.. The result is much brighter with this one. (One trick for this installation is the retrofitting the 7440 socket to 7443 for this LED bulb. I just bought a cheap 7440 to 7443 socket adapter for $10 each which including the resister from getting hyper fleshing effect)

The DRL is here.. They produce the same brightness as my friends Porsche 911 OEM DRL.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&vxp=mtr&item=160846818027

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi all,
Just finished the headlights retrofitting with projector and LED lighting.

See here: http://spyderchat.com/forums/album.php?albumid=445
Lookin good.... I want to do this mod to my 01 but I want to run the halo as my drl and leave the hid for normal headlight function.... does anyone out there have either a wiring diagram for the drl circuit, or know which wires to run off of?

·
Registered
5,924 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Did mine for less than $100 which included Xenon bulbs and ballast.
All parts bought from ebay, except some fitting materials like screws from my garage.

It actually doesn't look as good as you guys think it does. The projectors sit far too behind the headlight lens unless you do some more modification.

·
Registered
9,956 Posts
Did mine for less than $100 which included Xenon bulbs and ballast.
All parts bought from ebay, except some fitting materials like screws from my garage.

It actually doesn't look as good as you guys think it does. The projectors sit far too behind the headlight lens unless you do some more modification.
Pics or it didn't happen.

OP good job. I think it looks good altogether. What kinda halo is that? Looks thick. What size is it? Got a ebay link to that too?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Looks Great

Wow nice job

·
Registered
577 Posts
Finally someone did it right, got tired of the half-assed HID's in a reflective housing setups.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.