MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the car with the 2zz/c60 swap in 2018, love it, unfortunately need to sell due to military life.

I'm willing to let it go for 5,500 with MWR tuned PFC or 5,000 with the 2000 or 2001 ECU ( I forget right now it's the low lift engagement high rev limit one that everyone wants)

Lots of upgrades, under body braces, lowering springs, braided clutch/brake lines/bleeders etc

2001, Silver, needs a paint job. The electrical/swap was done very well, lots of photos from when the original owner did it
Top is still in good shape. Lift engages, engine is good I can drive it around for you.

Send PM's if you're serious. Thanks

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a parts list. Believe me, it pains me to let go of this car since all it really needs is a paint job, tires and brakes.

A few minor issues the original swapper had I fixed (PPE sent me a o2 sensor adapter which fixed a CEL)
I did a coolant flush with 1/4" barb in reservoir inlet to slow flow - fixes common overheating issue in 2zz swaps), new royal purple oil, new redline mt90, power steering fluid (the proper amsoil stuff), I have a window switch and new fog light ready to install. I really planned on keeping the car.

EZ-ON Black Cloth Soft Top w/ Glass and Defrost (installed 2014)
2003 front bumper with functional fog lights, however passenger side light glass is broken
TRD Front Strut Brace (installed 2013)
CHE Front Lower Brace (installed 2013)
Corky's Breastplate Brace (installed 2013)
New fuel pump and filter (installed 2013)
New battery (installed 2017)
JDM Badging

Paint issue on Front Passenger side fender and Rear bumper.
Dents in Rear Passenger side fender.
Driver side carpet is worn below brake/clutch area.

Interior:

A/C works and blows ice cold.
Heat works and blows very hot.
Power windows work.
seats in bad shape, seat covers included.
Radio works, tape works, CD does not work.

Brakes/Suspension/Steering:

Stock Front Control Arms w/ ball joints (replaced 2012)
CHE/Megan Racing Adjustable Rear Control Arms (installed 2013)
Front wheel bearing assembly, both sides (replaced 2013)
Inner/Outer Tie Rods (replaced 2013)
Power Steering Fluid, Toyota Specific (replaced 2019)
KYB Struts Front/Rear (installed 2013)
KYB Dust boots/bump stops (installed 2013)
Tein SS lowering springs (installed 2013)
CHE Front Sway bar (installed 2013)
CHE Rear Sway bar (installed 2013)
Sway bar end links (replaced 2013)
TR Motorsports 15x7 wheels (installed 2013)
205/50/15 - Yokohama S-Drive tires (installed 2015/2016)
Centric Premium Slotted Rotors (installed 2014)
Centric StopTech Stainless Steel Brake Lines (installed 2014)
EBC Yellow Stuff Pads (installed 2014)
Speed Bleeders (installed 2014)

Engine:

62,000 Miles
2001 Corolla 2zz (52,000 Miles @ swap, installed 2016)

New Lift Bolts
New Timing Chain (w/new Guides and Tensioner)
New Front/Rear Main seals
New Valve Cover Gasket
New Water Pump
New Injector O-Rings
New Serpentine Belt
1zz Oil Pan

2001 USDM 2zz GTS ECU (w/ swap, installed 2016)
MWR 2zz Swap Intake w/ K&N air filter
Full PPE 2.5" Exhaust: header, high flow midpipe, magnaflow exhaust (w/ swap, installed 2016)
New front motor mount (installed 2017)
Solid Poly rear motor mount (installed 2013)
Coolant Flush (replaced 2019)

Transmission:

C60 6-speed, open differential, came with 2zz (52,000 Miles @ swap, installed 2016).
New axle seals (installed 2016)
Competition Clutch Stock Clutch (installed 2016)
MWR Chromoly Lightweight Flywheel (installed 2016)
ARP Flywheel/Pressure Plate bolts (installed 2016)
MWR Short Shifter w/ solid base bushings (installed 2014)
Speed Source brass cable bushings (installed 2014)
Stainless Steel clutch line (installed 2014)
Passenger side axle from 2003+ (installed 2013)
New CV Axle boots/grease (one was leaking, so I just replaced all 4, replaced 2017)
New gear oil, Redline MT-90 (replaced 2019)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Where is it located in Florida

This sounds like a fantastic build. Where in Florida are you located? I would be coming from Atlanta.

I've a sw20 and have been on the site for a while, but not enough posts to pm. It would great if you could send me a text to talk (516-342-0707)

Thanks

Zo

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello! Is the car sold? I live in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. and If it's still available, I would like to take a look. You can contact me at 727-458-0207
Thank you so much!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought the car with the 2zz/c60 swap in 2018, love it, unfortunately need to sell due to military life.

I'm willing to let it go for 5,500 with MWR tuned PFC or 5,000 with the 2000 or 2001 ECU ( I forget right now it's the low lift engagement high rev limit one that everyone wants)

Lots of upgrades, under body braces, lowering springs, braided clutch/brake lines/bleeders etc

2001, Silver, needs a paint job. The electrical/swap was done very well, lots of photos from when the original owner did it
Top is still in good shape. Lift engages, engine is good I can drive it around for you.

Send PM's if you're serious. Thanks
Did this ever sell?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Never heard from seller

This is a great deal. You’d have a difficult time just getting the swap and upgraded parts at that price.
Unfortunately, I don't think anyone heard from the seller. Hope he is okay. Most likely car was sold, and thread was never closed. I would put a reserve down for it in a heartbeat.

Zo

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry guys. I'm posting this on deployment. I will be keeping the car and investing money into fixing the paint and the smaller issues. I just love it way too much and all of my bills are squared away now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts