MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
***She's SOLD TO HAPPY NEW OWNER!***

Some of my new in boxes performance upgrade parts available for sale now...more to be listed shortly...
http://www.spyderchat.com/forums/sh...ping-Come-and-get-them!&p=1312882#post1312882

I have available a 2001 Black 2zz C60 swapped manual tranny Spyder w/ tons of upgrades- APEXi PowerFC Commander tuned by "LittleRocket", Koni TrueChoice coilovers, SpeedSource solid motor mounts, tranny bushings, and new performance Clutch!

I purchased this beauty from a fellow SpyderChat member and picked up in Texas a year ago. My plan was to build a weekend racer over the course of the year. But due to a new business venture I was just too busy and in the past year I have only registered and insured the Spyder - not even driven her. I did purchase many upgrade performance parts over the year - which I will be forced to sell because the business venture did not work out. And with a debts my priorities have changed and thus I am also forced to sell the Spyder. So here it is. Same condition and just a couple thousand miles added to the odometer due to the drive back from Texas to pick up the Spyder.

The original For Sale posting from the previous owner... http://www.spyderchat.com/forums/showthread.php?56408-2001-Black-2zz-Spyder

Details are the same as the only change from the previous owner is a couple of thousand miles I added to the vehicle from the drive back to NY upon picking her up...
Engine/tranny swap was originally from my yellow spyder that I bought from a forum member in san antonio. The swap was done by LittleRocket. I pulled all of it and installed it in my black one. Runs great, has Ice cold AC, black leather interior, garaged, NO RUST (Texas car its whole life). I am the 2nd or 3rd owner. The chassis has about 109,000 miles on it and the engine/tranny (2zz/c60) has around 35-40,000. The Apexi POWER FC ECU with COMMANDER was tuned by LittleRocket aggresively for 93 octane. The Clutch is new with reconditioned stock flywheel and stainless steel clutch line, Speed source motor mounts, solid shifter bushings on the tranny, JVC double din head unit with bluetooth and fully adjustable color display, and Koni TrueChoice Custom coilovers ($2000 at purchase) with less than 2000 miles on them.

Clean open New York title. I have carfax report available as well.

Price is $8900.

Pickup is from New York with zip 11209. If shipping is required it is the responsibility of the purchaser (I have a good transporter I can recommend and Uship.com is good as well).

Cheers!
Will :biggrin-new:

·
Registered
761 Posts
Do you have updated pics? Also, did you do anything to it since you bought it? What are these parts you bought and will they be included with the car?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forbidden fruit - replied to your PM.

gomba - I may have some updated pics from this fall but I will have to dig for them. I rebuilt my laptop at some point this winter :apthy:
And when I get home it's dark already so pics in a dark driveway don't come out so well. The only thing I did to the Spyder since purchase was drive it back home cross country, handed in the TX title and paid taxes on it so I now have NY Title in my name, registered and insured it. I driven it a few times over the spring/summer of last year that that was about it. Over the winter it had just collected snow on top of her sitting in the driveway - no leaks btw! Great condition top!
Parts are performance parts which will certainly NOT BE INCLUDED in Spyder sale unless new owner would like to purchased separately. They include proper wheels/tires, full under car bracing, racing seats, 4 point harness, Hawk performance brake pads and slotted rotors etc.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
Parts are performance parts which will certainly NOT BE INCLUDED in Spyder sale unless new owner would like to purchased separately. They include proper wheels/tires, full under car bracing, racing seats, 4 point harness, Hawk performance brake pads and slotted rotors etc.
This is stuff not presently on the car, or will be taken off the car?

·
Registered
761 Posts
This is stuff not presently on the car, or will be taken off the car?
I'm pretty sure it's stuff not on the car. Supposedly he only drove the car from the last owner to NYC from TX, registered it and drove it every once in a while gathering parts for a weekend track car and that's it over a year. Now it's for sale again. AFAIK nothing was done to the car over the last owner except rack up more miles.

-G

·
Registered
496 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's stuff not on the car. Supposedly he only drove the car from the last owner to NYC from TX, registered it and drove it every once in a while gathering parts for a weekend track car and that's it over a year. Now it's for sale again. AFAIK nothing was done to the car over the last owner except rack up more miles.

-G
And for the same asking price.. one year older and at least an extra 1200 miles. I'd be all over this if I had space and the price was closer to $7k

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GALO - The upgrade parts I purchased over the course of the year which I intended to use to build my weekend racer Spyder were never installed and are new in boxes. They will be sold separate. I have a full set of Corky's under car bracing, Bride custom seat mounting bracket kits, Bride seats, 15" wheels/tires, Hawk pads and slotted rotors plus more. I will be posting them for sale when I have time. If any of these items interest you feel free to contact me.

MightyMouse - at $8900 now or $8900 a year ago - this Spyder is well worth the money. Look at what someone will be getting and the opportunities of a solid clean well swapped/tuned 2ZZ C60 Spyder with all the right parts.

Cheers!

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
Thank you, that makes that clearer, at least for me.

Interested in a possible trade for a '91 MKII turbo + cash on my part? Hey, it's worth a try!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Galo - How much cash are we thinking?

ddsheep - Yes sir local. Thanks! If you may have space think about this clean LittleRocket installed and tuned 2ZZ C60 Spyder from Texas - will be hard to come across a cleaner rust free straight car with these properly installed upgrades up here in the northeast.
FYI - there is a local buyer who is seriously interested in buying her as he had inspected the car yesterday. We are just pending a test drive. But of course the old saying applies - "Show me the Bejamins!".

·
Registered
6,328 Posts

·
Registered
9,829 Posts
Can I test drive and give a review as a third party with intimate knowledge of spyders and mods/repairs? It could help long distance people interested who may not be able to test drive it. Because I want to try out that suspension. :biggrin-new: I'm local obviously.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can I test drive and give a review as a third party with intimate knowledge of spyders and mods/repairs? It could help long distance people interested who may not be able to test drive it. Because I want to try out that suspension. :biggrin-new: I'm local obviously.

At least you are honest about it - "Because I want to try out that suspension", hahaha. Sorry you might have to ask the new owner as this baby sold last night with a deposit. The new happy owner is a local forum member so you may get your chance to test drive if you ask him nicely in the future. :biggrin-new:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Update for everyone...

Thanks for the interest but the Spyder has been sold to a happy local forum member and he has left a deposit late last night. If anything changes I will let you know. To be honest I have never sold a vehicle in this record time - within 6 days of posting and first person to see purchased! Also had a couple of serious out of state interested buyers lined up - for those guys - good luck with your searches as these are cool lil cars and cooler are the forum members/community! :adoration:

I do however have all the new in box upgrade performance parts I will be selling separately available now but haven't had time to get them together to list on this forum. Here's a brief list. Let me know if anything interests you...
15" MSR made in USA wheels with BF Goodrich tires
Moroso 2ZZ Spyder high capacity/flow oil pan
Full Corky under car braces - 3
Hawk brake pads
SS brake lines
Slotted brake rotors
Bride Japan seat bracket kits - driver and pass sides
and more....

Will

·
Registered
156 Posts