MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Time has come for me to sell my Spyder and finish some other projects I have in the garage.

I am the second owner and the car is in excellent condition with just over 26,000 original miles and drives like a dream. Never driven in the snow and it has only been driven in the rain a few times due to a few unpredicted weather changes. Many additional pictures are available upon request, but my camera skills do not really show how nice everything is.

I honestly don't know for sure if it burns any oil because I only put about 1,500 miles on each year in the Spring/Summer/Fall and when I change the oil at the end of the season, it measures full and is clean.

The prices listed below are MSRP, or price actually paid, for the upgraded parts:
Original and rare fiberglass Mono Craft GT-300 Wide-Body Kit $8,000.00
High end HRE Performance 3-Piece Forged 447R Wheels, $2,300/each $9,200.00
AEM Cold Air Intake $355.00
Unichip mapped for header and intake $545.00
5 Speed MT with TRD Short Shifter $500.00
Tein Super Street Coilovers $1,500.00
Beatrush Front/Rear Aluminum Strut Towers $650.00
Barbarian Racing Aluminum Center Chassis Brace $500.00
Brembo Drilled/Slotted Rotors and Calipers $1,000.00
Autopower Street Roll Bar $630.00
TRD Labeled Gauges
Acculaser Carbon-Fiber Dash Pieces
Leather Seats $1,000.00
Tinted Windows $200.00
VIS V-Line Carbon-Fiber Hood $1,100.00
VIS V-Line Carbon-Fiber Trunk $1,100.00
Extreme Dimensions TD3000 Carbon Fiber Wing $679.00
Pioneer MVH-300EX Stereo $250.00
Kenwood Speakers $250.00
PPE Header $500.00
Tanabe Super Medallion Stainless Racing Exhaust $600.00
New Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 - 225/35R19 Front and 275/30R19 Rear Tires $1,000.00
PXR Metallic Black Custom Re-Paint $4,750.00
Car cover $100

Asking $22,000 but willing to entertain reasonable offers. I am not desperate to sell, and am really on the fence, so lowballs will not be entertained. New price, $20k and price is firm. Will entertain partial trades as well - I like lots of various toys...

·
Registered
892 Posts
It would be interesting to see another sale over 20k because our cars are not yet hitting that mark except the black 05 with 89 original miles at $23k

·
Registered
502 Posts
Whatever price this car goes for doesn't exacly reflect the back on stock cars IMHO....this is more like the "SEMA build version" of the Spyder. Looks quite nice, GLWS OP

Reactions: neomr2

·
Registered
892 Posts
Whatever price this car goes for doesn't exacly reflect the back on stock cars IMHO....this is more like the "SEMA build version" of the Spyder. Looks quite nice, GLWS OP
I have an APR widebody professionally built with work Meister three piece custom wheels, all TRD strut and sway bars, 2zz 6 speed and many many upgrades at least equal to this car and I cannot imagine getting more that $12-13k for my car. I will watch this sale.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have had a few questions.

Car is located in Painesville Twp. OH, 44077.

Car runs and drives awesome and will drive anywhere, but it does have ultra high performance summer tires on it so they won't perform very well in really cold or snowy weather.

Heat and AC work great and no mechanical issues at all.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Great looking car. I'd be hard-pressed to pay 22k outright, however, I have a 1986 Jaguar XJ6 that's been totally restored and now has a V-8. Over 75k invested but know market value is significantly less. Have a ton of photos, looks as new. If you would consider a trade, I'm able to forward many photos of completed car and also restoration process, or if anyone else is interested in a trade let me know. My 03 Spyder is getting a bit long in the tooth. It would have to be something really nice like this one. No flames please, I know a 4-door sedan, no matter how nice it is. is not the sort of car most people on this site are interested in. Good luck neomr2.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Great looking car. I'd be hard-pressed to pay 22k outright, however, I have a 1986 Jaguar XJ6 that's been totally restored and now has a V-8. Over 75k invested but know market value is significantly less. Have a ton of photos, looks as new. If you would consider a trade, I'm able to forward many photos of completed car and also restoration process, or if anyone else is interested in a trade let me know. My 03 Spyder is getting a bit long in the tooth. It would have to be something really nice like this one. No flames please, I know a 4-door sedan, no matter how nice it is. is not the sort of car most people on this site are interested in. Good luck neomr2.
Thanks and I appreciate your offer, and I am always open to toy type trades, but I am not really looking for a sedan, sorry. Take care and good luck with your search.

** Price update -> $20,000 cash price picked up in Painesville OH, price is firm.
Can deliver for additional $'s.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Getting ready to put it away for the winter and then its off the market until Spring, or until I change my mind again...
🤪

I have attached a basic NMVTIS report that shows a clean title, no hidden issues, and that I am the second owner.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts