MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've got a 2001 Black Mr2 Spyder for sale in Beckley West Virginia. I just dropped $1000 into the car to get it up and running and unfortunately the mechanic did an oil change to the car and forgot to put oil back into it...120 miles later the engine blew. Its at the garage in Beckley west Virginia and i dont have the money to drop a rebuilt in it! I love this car and it ran great before the engine blew and even before i got it repaired..new ignition coil, battery,and mass air flow sensor.Anyway im looking to sell it to someone who can drop a engine into it and have a great car..Serious offers only the cars worth 6500 with a rebuilt($1000-1200 on Ebay).. And new top..its old..$500..im looking for around $2500. OBO... This means after repairs youve got a great looking and running 2001 Spyder for about $4500..i have to get it off the mechanics lot..call John @ 304 906 3826. Great car with the necessary repairs. Lets Talk..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Two questions:
1. How did you get it to go 120 miles with no oil?
2. If the mechanic truly did forget to put oil in, why is the mechanic not paying for the repairs?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My guess is that when my car was towed there i was LOW on oil as i recall..i think they changed my oil filter but didnt add oil or maybe they didnt check the oil or forgot to drain and refill..i have no oil leaks the mechanic told me in beckley who towed me off the highway an hour and a half away from the place i had it repaired. I filed a complaint with bbb but they are denying any fault and BBB closed the case..so im stuck ..1g in repairs and a blown engine due to no oil later

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Good luck on the sale. It will be hard to get 3k for it I think. Dead Spyders are 500-1500. I would be hard pressed to pay $1500. Running Spyders can be had for 2500-4000 for pre 03.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got a 2001 Black Mr2 Spyder for sale in Beckley West Virginia. I just dropped $1000 into the car to get it up and running and unfortunately the mechanic did an oil change to the car and forgot to put oil back into it...120 miles later the engine blew. Its at the garage in Beckley west Virginia and i dont have the money to drop a rebuilt in it! I love this car and it ran great before the engine blew and even before i got it repaired..new ignition coil, battery,and mass air flow sensor.Anyway im looking to sell it to someone who can drop a engine into it and have a great car..Serious offers only the cars worth 6500 with a rebuilt($1000-1200 on Ebay).. And new top..its old..$500..im looking for around $2500. OBO... This means after repairs youve got a great looking and running 2001 Spyder for about $4500..i have to get it off the mechanics lot..call John @ 304 906 3826. Great car with the necessary repairs. Lets Talk..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd be interested in making an offer -- but I'm in Florida, so I must pay for shipping as well. (I estimate about $700.) Assume we can agree on a reasonable sales price. How are we BOTH assured that you have payment in full and that I know the car is in fact shipped to me with a valid title transferred to my name? Not trying top be obnoxious. Just want to know how it might work. Am open for ideas.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can call me which would prob be easier as far as working out the kinks..im john 304 906 3826..thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And its prob
I'd be interested in making an offer -- but I'm in Florida, so I must pay for shipping as well. (I estimate about $700.) Assume we can agree on a reasonable sales price. How are we BOTH assured that you have payment in full and that I know the car is in fact shipped to me with a valid title transferred to my name? Not trying top be obnoxious. Just want to know how it might work. Am open for ideas.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts