MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been storing my old Spyder for a couple of years, now. I used to have it covered in my driveway, but a neighbor backed into the passenger rear corner and bumped it into a wall up front. Minor damage... but disheartening. It's been in dry storage ever since.

Year: 2001
Color: Yellow
2ZZ engine with six-speed transmission (The 2ZZ swap was done at 155k miles, due to pre-cat implosion. Engine was built and installed by LittleRocket)
Header with high-flow catalytic converter.
Lightened flywheel
Sportivo suspension
Tunnel plate and "H" bar reinforcement
Short throw shifter
Two sets of extra wheels
Mud guards
Luggage rack
Scion 6 CD changer
Rear speakers

Quite honestly, the car is rough. The top is worn, but not completely ratty. The driver's seat has a small tear. The steering wheel has a frayed spot.
Due to the length of time the car has been out of service, there will be a lot of prep work to get it running. When parked, the engine had just thrown a CEL related to the catalytic converter. With mileage around 235,000, this was expected. Most of the miles are highway miles, with occasional jaunts at Deal's Gap on The Tail of the Dragon. The car has never been raced.

I'm asking $1,500.00 for the car, as is. If you have an interest, leave a comment and I will get back to you.

(I'm working on pictures, but the last few weekends have been rainy. I'll post them ASAP.)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The car is in western North Carolina, near Asheville. It's presently parked behind a 30' travel trailer in our storage building. In fact, there are two there... but that's another story. I'll try to get some pictures this weekend... if it ever stops raining.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The car is still available and I hope to get some pictures tomorrow, (02/01/2020)

Also, I forgot to mention that it has tower braces and cruise control.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, Sunday came and went without pictures. In my defense, I was helping with my son's family as the grandchildren pass around the flu. This weekend I am on the road and will not return until the weekend of the 15th. Pictures are on the top of my to-do list when I return. Sorry for the delay...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The car sold tonight! It will now have a new home in Texas.
Thanks to all who expressed an interest!

My wife has decided to sell her 2001 metallic green Spyder. It will appear here shortly...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts