MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I'm new to this forum. I really need help.
I have a 2001 mr2 which threw a rod and engine is no good. Eveurhting else is fine. Im getting a new engine soon.does anyone know who can change the engine for me I called couple of shops and their prices are very high they charge very high for labor. Im in Brooklyn new York. If someone that swap engines in Brooklyn or long island let me know please. Car is in long island

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much are they charging in labor?
I got different prices. $1300. $950 $800. N cheapest one I found was 650$ but o
The only reason I'm looking for someone cheap because I have to order few extra parts for the car so don't have a lot of money. And I found someone who swap engine at home he said he will do it for 400$. But then he said he cant cuz the car engine drops from the bottom and needs to be lifted n he doesn't have the lift. If I find someone for less than $400 Who works on the side I can use my friends lift that's not a problem. Let me know please

·
Registered
23,108 Posts
I got different prices. $1300. $950 $800. N cheapest one I found was 650$ but o
The only reason I'm looking for someone cheap because I have to order few extra parts for the car so don't have a lot of money. And I found someone who swap engine at home he said he will do it for 400$. But then he said he cant cuz the car engine drops from the bottom and needs to be lifted n he doesn't have the lift. If I find someone for less than $400 Who works on the side I can use my friends lift that's not a problem. Let me know please
I think $1000 is more then reasonable. If you spend less then that then you get what you pay for honestly.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I think $1000 is more then reasonable. If you spend less then that then you get what you pay for honestly.
I agree, you want somebody who'll do it right. What may sound cheaper now could be more expensive in the long run.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I thought you had a friend who owned a garage lined up to do the swap?

Send a private message to RigHty. He lives in Brooklyn and can point you to a reliable mechanic.

·
Registered
23,108 Posts
I think the most important lesson to learn is if you pay a person what it's worth for his time and trouble they will take the time to do it right. If they are getting paid less and somehow did not estimate the labor involved they may either rush though it or grumble as they are performing the swap.

If the guy feels that he is getting his due he will have a smile on his face and will be in a good mood.

This is not always the case and it first starts with engaging a competent reliable person to do the work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone

Hey thanks everyone I think u guys r right I'll try to find someone.

And ALTMAN. My friend who owns a shop I called him he just got a surgery done he's out of state for a month or so. So I need to find someone else.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Hey thanks everyone I think u guys r right I'll try to find someone.

And ALTMAN. My friend who owns a shop I called him he just got a surgery done he's out of state for a month or so. So I need to find someone else.
Ah, that sucks. Sorry to hear that.

Speak to RigHty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts