1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
$4,500
119,000 miles
1ZZ (All original)
Location: Central Utah (will consider delivery to nearby areas)
Chrome Luggage Rack (a rare find)
New Kuhmo Ecsta AST Tires
New Battery
All Struts replaced at 95k
Pre-CAT gutted and main CAT cut out and O2 sensors bypassed so there's no check engine light on anymore. (I live in a rural area that does not require SMOG).
iPod/iPhone car stereo kit with cradle (hardwired to the factory stereo)

I can't drive a manual transmission for a while (recovering from a ruptured Achilles) so I need to sell my beloved Spyder. It runs great except for the fact that it does burn oil due to the pre-CAT material being sucked in (that's when I gutted everything). It happened almost a year ago and has been driving fine (I've driven it almost every day) except that I put in couple quarts a month...so who knows how much longer it will last. So I'm selling it as a currently running project car.

The honest negatives: Some paint scuff damage (near license plate) to the rear bumper. Typical one inch tears (sewn and sealed so they don't leak) in convertible top at the corners above each door. Slight leak in driver door seal. Usual wear to driver seat. And again she ate the preCAT. Interestingly she purrs like she always did before except the gas mileage went down 5mpg (now 27mpg). I installed an HHO kit on her shortly after the preCAT incident so maybe it helped clean things out a bit. Almost had the HHO kit dialed in until I ruptured my Achilles (still need to install a EFIE...mileage chip didn't work). The HHO kit actually got me up to 29 mpg but the O2 sensor bypass was messing with the mileage chip so it didn't work the way it was intended. I achieved between 15 to 20 amps with it. (The HHO kit will NOT be included in the sale unless specified in agreement.)
Asking $4,500.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
How many miles per gallon of water?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The water is mixed with a sodium hydroxide electrolyte and is held in the white plastic reservoir, about a gallon. You just watch the level monthly and top it off as needed.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I didn't expect any of the spyder owners to do this but here it is .... HHO injection into MR2 1zz FED...

how well did it work? are you feeding just the Hydrogen or HHO mix? Is there an o2 offset mechanism for the set of o2 sensors if you are feeding the oxygen also? Because without the offset, its gonna guzzle gas like a v8 ... ??

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't expect any of the spyder owners to do this but here it is .... HHO injection into MR2 1zz FED...

how well did it work? are you feeding just the Hydrogen or HHO mix? Is there an o2 offset mechanism for the set of o2 sensors if you are feeding the oxygen also? Because without the offset, its gonna guzzle gas like a v8 ... ??
Yes there's an O2 offset mechanism, or what's called a mileage chip. This is exactly what I was having trouble with, especially since I installed the O2 bypass from gutting the PreCat. Right now I have yet to install a replacement for the "mileage chip", what's called an EFIE (a manual static type adjustment). I've been trying to figure out if I install it at the OBDII or the computer behind the driver side compartment. I think my research led me to installing it behind the seat compartment where that computer is but my ruptured Achilles has delayed things so I don't remember. Does anyone know where the EFIE would install at?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts