1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2001 Yellow Spyder with Chrome Luggage Rack

119,000 miles
1ZZ (All original)
Location: Central Utah (will consider delivery to nearby areas)
Chrome Luggage Rack (a rare find)
New Kuhmo Ecsta AST Tires
New Battery
Newer Struts (all the way around)
Pre-CAT gutted and main CAT cut out and bypassed (I live in a rural area that does not require SMOG)
iPod/iPhone car stereo kit with cradle (hardwired to the factory stereo)
Some damage to the rear bumper along with typical tears (sewn and sealed) in convertible top at the corners above each door.

I can't drive a manual transmission for a while (recovering from a ruptured Achilles) so I need to sell my beloved Spyder. It runs great except for the fact that it does burn oil due to the pre-CAT material being sucked in (that's when I gutted everything). It happened almost a year ago and has been driving fine (I've driven it almost every day) except that I put in couple quarts a month...so who knows how much longer it will last. So I'm selling it as a currently running project car. I am open to all reasonable offers.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Another sale.... it's like watching a stock plummet. Sorry to hear about your Achilles... that sucks. Good luck selling.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Asking $4,000
And yes it did eat the precat. I know because when I removed the precats to gut them one side was completely gone and rattling around in the exhaust.

Also, I'm thinking about keeping the old girl. I feel like I'm panicking too much. I just had a doctors appointment and I only have to wait 4 to 6 weeks before I can drive a manual again. Probably should just keep the Spyder right?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure about a 2ZZ swap after reading about all the changes involved. It sounds too involved for me or anyone around where I live given that if I replace the motor I won't be doing it and there is no one in my area that has even touched a Spyder.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In case you're interested in parting out your luggage rack...I'm interested: PM me...?
I couldn't part with the luggage rack. Too useful. I load my dog food bags on it! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts