MR2 SpyderChat banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
'02 6 spd Manual (C66)
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Raised up the suspension 1/4 in. for geometry and ride quality. We'll see if it makes any difference what so evar. Car is dirty af. Happy #mr2sday

Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Automotive tire

·
Registered
'02 6 spd Manual (C66)
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Forgot to post this, but instead of going with the bandaid vinyl sticker I got some gloss CF vinyl and put it over the damage area. This is the first one I tried and neglected to take a pic of the second one, but the only difference is I cut the vinyl to follow the weave so the edge of the vinyl would line up with the edge of the CF weave on the lip. It works well for what it is from like 3-4 feet away. Once you get up close you'll see the difference. I like this solution since I don't have to replace the whole PPF just because of the damage.

Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Grille Automotive tire

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
In his defense I never posted the car here with the HT. Thought I did. Oops. Lol. Definitely miss it...

View attachment 87109
I know, my soul still hurt for you cause I remember your HT being stolen fairly recently. It really is a good looking car & that HT just completed it...damn those thieves

Reactions: DeuceFatty

·
Registered
'02 6 spd Manual (C66)
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 · (Edited)
I know, my soul still hurt for you cause I remember your HT being stolen fairly recently. It really is a good looking car & that HT just completed it...damn those thieves
Yeah. I will be getting another, but sadly won't be putting it on. Will store it "for now". Just want to have one now while I can "afford it" and more importantly while they're still available. No plans to sell the car so need to get the rare stuff now.

·
Registered
'02 6 spd Manual (C66)
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Hide one of those Samsung smart tags/ apple airpods in your vehicle and link it to your phone. That way you can ping it if you're trying to find it.
I had hard mounts, but allen bolts so my thought was fillin in the bolt's tool input holes and welding those screws down to the brackets... I wasn't too keen on those tags after researching them. My fear is if it's welded they're still gonna try to steal it, but in the process of giving up create a lot more irreversible damage that I'd have to deal with... No loss for them... Just steal someone elses top instead...

·
Registered
'02 6 spd Manual (C66)
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·

·
Registered
'02 6 spd Manual (C66)
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Re-made the "lightweight" screaming chicken badge and used the new gloss cf vinyl (all my cf is going in the same direction yay) as well as replace the nose vinyl on the bumper with "NEW" vinyl because the really old vinyl was peeling in the corners... Oh yeah and the car is back to being dirty af again... Lol... Oh and the bump you see is not a bubble it's the original Toyota badge hole...

Automotive parking light Car Grille Automotive lighting Vehicle

21 - 40 of 70 Posts