MR2 SpyderChat banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Techstream remembers my car whenever it’s connected. Not sure about your other questions.
Have you replaced the smt fluid and filled to the correct level? I’m suspicious of the hydraulic pressure being generated. Cycle times (run times) can help determine if that’s an issue. Also, see if excessive shifting in short time periods, brings on the gear light. Then see if the gear light goes away when reducing shifting maneuvers or stop shifting all together to allow the pump to build pressure again.
The transmission 'gear' light is truly intermittent. I can start the car with the light being out then drive it hard with aggressive shifting and the light may not come on until later or it might come on during the aggressive driving. There seems to be no rhyme or reason. The HPU was replaced by a local transmission shop just before I bought the car after about 3 months the light started coming back on and the previous owner was tired of putting money in it and sold it to me. I am just not sure why my Techstream is not able to diagnose the issue. One other question I have is can you go to 'Help' > 'DLC3 cable check' and get 'all green' on your OBD2 pins?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Maybe you can try to get the red gear light to come on by shifting between 1st, 2nd and reverse (any combination) while not moving to narrow down the possibilities. The run times can help determine pump issues.
So basically the only issue that your having now is the gear light? The bad battery solved the other problems?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Maybe you can try to get the red gear light to come on by shifting between 1st, 2nd and reverse (any combination) while not moving to narrow down the possibilities. The run times can help determine pump issues.
So basically the only issue that your having now is the gear light? The bad battery solved the other problems?
The new battery just seems to have got the car running again. Before disconnecting the low battery, the car was not registering being in Neutral and would not start. Time will tell if when I am driving that the car starts flashing Neutral when I am in gear. Still very interested to see if you can go to 'Help' > 'DLC3 cable check' and get 'all green' on your OBD2 pins?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts