Clutch (2019, new OEM)
Suspension bushings (2019, new OEM)
Alignment (2019)
Serpentine belt (2019, new OEM)
Clutch fluid (2019)
Brake fluid (2019)
Valve cover gasket (2019)
Headlight housings (2020, new OEM)
Front brake pads and rotors (2020, new OEM)
Axle shafts (2020, new aftermarket)
Antenna (2020, used OEM)
Synthetic oil change (June 2020)

Modifications:
6spd SMT --> 6spd traditional manual conversion (2018)
Koni yellow adjustable shocks (2019)
Tein lowering springs (2019)
JDM ECU and wiring harness (2018)
Fumoto Oil Drain Valve (2019)
Cruise Control installed by Monkey Wrench Racing (2020)

Sale includes:
Matching 3-piece MR2 luggage
Spare tire with leather cover
Emergency jack with leather cover

Negatives:
Front-left Tein spring is noisy. I find it annoying, but the dealer and local MR2 tuner say it's safe.
Some wear on the driver's seat bolster
Spare key has only one good side
Paint is pretty worn: scratches, a few dings, and some chipping on the hood

One Florida owner until Triz on SpyderChat picked it up. It was originally a 6spd SMT, which he converted to a traditional manual. The first five gear ratios are the same as the standard transmission, so 6th is a taller overdrive gear. I added the hard top, which I ordered from Mike V on SpyderChat who ships them from the UK. Paint matches perfectly.

I drove it from Michigan to San Jose, California, and I would trust it to drive back to Michigan without issue.

Please contact me with any questions. Thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I agree with pwnzor that that's a good price; including the hardtop offsets the cosmetic issues. Wish you'd listed it a year ago when I was still shopping!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree with pwnzor that that's a good price; including the hardtop offsets the cosmetic issues. Wish you'd listed it a year ago when I was still shopping!
That’s good to hear, thank you for saying so! I’ve been enjoying it immensely, just replaced it with an old Boxster. Something different to shake things up a bit!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Yeah! Where were you in 2015 when I paid $15k for mine, and then dropped another $7k in upgrades! (still don't have a hard top)

Another free bump. The more I look at this, the more of a great deal I realize it is.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just took a look at yours on your profile. Very nice! I've never seen a 2005 in real life!

How do you like the Yokohamas?

·
Registered
800 Posts
I just took a look at yours on your profile. Very nice! I've never seen a 2005 in real life!

How do you like the Yokohamas?
I love these tires. I equate them with my motorcycle tires, super sticky in all conditions... except maybe freezing temps.

The Yokos are supposed to be "extreme performance summer" tires, but I'd realistically call them 3-season tires. They grab just fine in the rain, and even the cold.

Free bump again. Somebody buy this man's car before I do something stupid and end up divorced. With two Spyders.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I REALLY wish you were still in Michigan! I’m driving from Minneapolis to Muskegon through the UP then to Toledo to visit my girlfriend’s family.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love these tires. I equate them with my motorcycle tires, super sticky in all conditions... except maybe freezing temps.

The Yokos are supposed to be "extreme performance summer" tires, but I'd realistically call them 3-season tires. They grab just fine in the rain, and even the cold.

Free bump again. Somebody buy this man's car before I do something stupid and end up divorced. With two Spyders.
I'll look into them for my next go-around! My Boxster has Hankook Ventus Evo 2. They're fantastic so far, but they're usually silent when they break lateral traction. Not the most confidence-inspiring thing as I find the limit on this car!

Yeah don't risk the marriage ha ha! I only bought a fourth vehicle after becoming a widower, otherwise she would have thrown a fit! Silver lining and all that I guess!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I REALLY wish you were still in Michigan! I’m driving from Minneapolis to Muskegon through the UP then to Toledo to visit my girlfriend’s family.
Oh I hear ya there. I thought I'd keep this car out west, but then I drove a Boxster S... and that's all she wrote!

I'll be sure to test-drive my dream vehicles before moving back to Michigan ha ha.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yup, AC handled Las Vegas summer heat while I had it there.

I hear ya. Good luck with the spousal negotiations! Ha ha.

·
Registered
2003 MR2 Spyder
89 Posts

Well, in my state you'd still only have one Spyder if you buy another because she'd get one. You know, 50/50 split.😀

·
Registered
800 Posts
I can't believe this car is still for sale. If I wanted a divorce, I'd have already bought it.

Free bump.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I can't believe this car is still for sale. If I wanted a divorce, I'd have already bought it.

Free bump.
Thanks! I’m currently swapping the ECU so I can get it smog tested. We don’t do those back home, so it never occurred to me! I think that’s the issue most buyers are having, which is totally understandable.

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
3 questions;
1. Why dyno a stock 1zz(no mods are listed)?
2. In the receipt for the oil change, it states 5 qts. They didn't put that 5th qt in the engine, did they(or was a Moroso pan installed?)?
3. The exhaust tip looks interesting...why is there piping exiting the tip?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts