MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Spyder owners: I have a 2003 MR2 Spyder with 82,000 miles. I bought it new in 2003 from a dealership. For the last six months, my spyder has died on me three times. It seems it happens when I make a fast decision, as though I have "popped the clutch." However, it is the sequential tranmission (straight shift without a clutch pedal). The red circle shows up on the dash and sometimes it will not go back to neutral so I can start it. I have had to push it off the road to allow it to rest or cool off.

Three Toyota dealers have all told me they cannot find the problem after having charged me a $75 diagnostic. One dealer claims I should replace the paddles and other electronic stuff for $3,400. I am not sure that's the answer.

Sorry I took so long to explain the problem but I am the only Spyder owner in our county in TN. Have any of you had this problem and what is the way to correct it, short of selling it or paying $3,400?

Thanks for your help, zorrosmith33

·
Registered
566 Posts
Wish I could help

Hope it's something simple for you. All the best.a

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.