MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a fun celebration for me today when the odomoeter rolled over to 30,000 miles while out for a drive at lunchtime. I bought the car 2 years and 16 days days ago with a little over 13,000 miles on the clock. The odometer rolled to 30k just as i was passing tour busses for Motley Crew/Poison. Is there any significance to that? :lol:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
. I bought the car 2 years and 16 days days ago with a little over 13,000 miles on the clock. The odometer rolled to 30k just as i was passing tour busses for Motley Crew/Poison. :

U.M. Congrats!

I am one oil change ahead of you! Got my spyder with about 11K on the clock in May of 2009 and I am about to hit 35K ....

Had an enthusiastic fellow owner say to me just this past weekend, "Drive her like you stole her!"

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I drove mine from Vancouver, WA to Vancouver B.C. over the weekend, I went over 40,000 in my 2002 on Sunday in Canada.

·
Registered
254 Posts
50k on my '03

Just rolled over 50k a few weeks ago, was rolling hot 80mph on I65s near ETown, suddenly screaming bearing in my ear from the trans, then clunk slam clunk, it locked up, luckily I coasted off the road in neutral, a cop got me towed to a foreign MR T in Etown, head mechanic there has 27 years experience and has an MR2, A long way from home, they gave me a 'free' loaner Corolla to get home.

Everything from the engine back is chewed up, he thinks I lost a synchro into the transaxle and it is LOCKED up completely, and chewed into shavings.

New TRD flywheel, clutch pressure plate and complete new roller bearing type LSD transaxle; about
(ouch) $ 4K.

wow, worth every penny though for the complete upgrade. As my DD and best friend, it is worth it.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
166k. Only problems are the driver's seat is wearing out and both parking brake cables are frozen. Doesn't even burn a drop of oil. Just as reliable as every other Toyota that I've owned.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
My car turned over 100000kms recently i was more sad than anything, cos it showed shes not getting any younger:(
Come now, nobody here wants to hear about kilometers

I'm passed 80000, I mean 129000 km

1 - 13 of 13 Posts