MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got a 2003 spyder that burns a quart of oil ever couple miles. How hard is it to drop this motor since it has to be from underneath? If I dump it what can I expect to get for it?

·
Registered
2003 MR2 Spyder
280 Posts
I’ve got a 2003 spyder that burns a quart of oil ever couple miles. How hard is it to drop this motor since it has to be from underneath? If I dump it what can I expect to get for it?
Are you looking to get rid of the motor & replace or get rid of the whole car? If just the motor then you could use the existing one for the core charge when you buy another motor but if you're looking to sell as a whole someone on here might be interested. Another option is you may get more if you part out yourself. JMO

·
Registered
Spectra Blue 2003 SMT with Quaife LSD
262 Posts
If the body is in nice shape it is a real shame to send it to pick and pull. The top alone is worth a decent amount.

·
Registered
737 Posts
When my engine had rod knock, I took it apart. Completely. It was a blast. I had no idea what was inside. There are 200 parts in the head alone, I put my eyes on the oil pump (supposedly a bad part of our engine). It is now a coffee table in my garage. I had LED lights hooked up and it glowed underneath. Pretty sweet I now have 4 cup holders.

IMG_20210408_095738456.jpg

Or you could scrap it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
When my engine had rod knock, I took it apart. Completely. It was a blast. I had no idea what was inside. There are 200 parts in the head alone, I put my eyes on the oil pump (supposedly a bad part of our engine). It is now a coffee table in my garage. I had LED lights hooked up and it glowed underneath. Pretty sweet I now have 4 cup holders.

View attachment 81569 View attachment 81569

Or you could scrap it.
links don't work :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts