MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been having a bit of an identity crisis trying to figure out what to do with my Spyder, and for at least today I've decided I would put it up for sale. It's a green 2003 manual with leather that I bought in 2014, and I love this car. The engine died on me in 2017 and I couldn't bring myself to get rid of it then, even though I had no time to work on it with three kids under the age of 5. I moved to North Dakota two years ago and couldn't even sell it then and instead, much to my wife's dismay, bought a trailer to house the car and towed it up here. This summer I finally got a chance to tear into it and I found it it had thrown a rod, bent a couple valves, and broken some of the internal engine block baffles so it will need a complete rebuild. It has an aftermarket turbo kit that was installed on it and due to that the battery was relocated to the front and a second radiator and coolant pump was installed in the front bay. The top is a high quality black canvas that was put on in 2016, so it only saw the sun for about a year. Since it's been in storage for three years and I didn't check the mileage before I took the engine out I'm not positive of the exact number, but it is around 50,000 miles. There is no rust and the paint is in pretty good shape, but not perfect. The car hasn't been in any accidents, but if you want to look up the history the VIN is JTDFR320430060351. These are the aftermarket parts on the car:

Team Moon single exhaust
Power Enterprise turbo system with dash mounted gauges (the turbo should probably be replaced since the turbine blade has some nicks in it)
Cold air intake
Eagle Alloy alloy wheels (the chrome finish is coming up in spots so I was going to clean them up and paint them)
Tein lowering suspension springs
Greddy e-manage programmable controller
Moroso oil pan
New head unit connected to a backup camera
Rear hood exhaust fan connected to a temperature sensor relay so it will continue to cool the engine bay even after shutting the car off

There is probably a few more things I'm forgetting so if there's anything else you want to know or any other pictures wanted just ask. If you're curious about if I will part out the car, I'm not sure I can bring myself to do that. I don't even really want to get rid of the car, but it looks like even if I do fix it I will just be sticking it in storage for a couple of years anyways. I'm asking $2500 for it and I'm located in Garrison, ND.

IMG_20200607_153604.jpg IMG_20200607_153541.jpg IMG_20200607_153248.jpg IMG_20200607_153346.jpg IMG_20200607_153255.jpg IMG_20200607_153228.jpg IMG_20200607_153816.jpg IMG_20200607_153429.jpg IMG_20200607_153851.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been having a bit of an identity crisis trying to figure out what to do with my Spyder, and for at least today I've decided I would put it up for sale. It's a green 2003 manual with leather that I bought in 2014, and I love this car. The engine died on me in 2017 and I couldn't bring myself to get rid of it then, even though I had no time to work on it with three kids under the age of 5. I moved to North Dakota two years ago and couldn't even sell it then and instead, much to my wife's dismay, bought a trailer to house the car and towed it up here. This summer I finally got a chance to tear into it and I found it it had thrown a rod, bent a couple valves, and broken some of the internal engine block baffles so it will need a complete rebuild. It has an aftermarket turbo kit that was installed on it and due to that the battery was relocated to the front and a second radiator and coolant pump was installed in the front bay. The top is a high quality black canvas that was put on in 2016, so it only saw the sun for about a year. Since it's been in storage for three years and I didn't check the mileage before I took the engine out I'm not positive of the exact number, but it is around 50,000 miles. There is no rust and the paint is in pretty good shape, but not perfect. The car hasn't been in any accidents, but if you want to look up the history the VIN is JTDFR320430060351. These are the aftermarket parts on the car:

Team Moon single exhaust
Power Enterprise turbo system with dash mounted gauges (the turbo should probably be replaced since the turbine blade has some nicks in it)
Cold air intake
Eagle Alloy alloy wheels (the chrome finish is coming up in spots so I was going to clean them up and paint them)
Tein lowering suspension springs
Greddy e-manage programmable controller
Moroso oil pan
New head unit connected to a backup camera
Rear hood exhaust fan connected to a temperature sensor relay so it will continue to cool the engine bay even after shutting the car off

There is probably a few more things I'm forgetting so if there's anything else you want to know or any other pictures wanted just ask. If you're curious about if I will part out the car, I'm not sure I can bring myself to do that. I don't even really want to get rid of the car, but it looks like even if I do fix it I will just be sticking it in storage for a couple of years anyways. I'm asking $2500 for it and I'm located in Garrison, ND.

View attachment 76725 View attachment 76724 View attachment 76726 View attachment 76727 View attachment 76733 View attachment 76732 View attachment 76730 View attachment 76728 View attachment 76729
Looks like a great project. I sent you a pm, please let me know if this is available.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Happy it found a home. If it weren’t for covid and closed borders, I’d have come and got it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts