MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
sold $6000 sold

I love this car. It is the most awesome car I've ever had in my life. Getting married this summer, just bought a four door car (oh, dear lord it happened...), wife-to-be has a mazdaspeed miata, so neither of us has back seats OR storage... and the mr2 has to go ?

Stock engine. ~190k miles. Runs amazing. No noise. Bring your compression tester kit if you want!

6SMT converted to MT using all MonkeyWrench racing parts from their a-b-c kits and following their instructions & wiring. No check lights, functions perfectly.

Mods include:

6 speed swap
convertible top replaced w/ cloth top ~3 yrs ago
solid shifter base bushings & brass linkage bushings (a MUST DO)
hard dog double diagonal
Duraflex front lip
VIS TRD rep side skirts
VIS rear lip
tein lowering springs w/ replacement shocks- could use something new, bottoms out in hard cornering.
rota torque 16x7 +27 w/ 225/45/16 federal 595 (also have stock 15/16 combo)
H&R 5mm slip-on spacers with extended studs (rear)
alpine headunit w/ bluetooth, but no mic for phone calls.
focal polyglass 165 components + tweeters w/ blaupunkt amp
oem 2zz clutch change @ NepTune Speed HB
regular oem brake job (front), squeaks a bit but basically full pad life left.
oem valve cover gasket
oem timing belt
disabled DRL's, can hook up again/show you how if you absolutely need them.
DDM HID kit
custom magnaflow exhaust out the bumper

Exterior: 8/10
Every time I wash this thing I fall in love again. Front hood has dent from when person backed into it. Front lip fitment not perfect cause Duraflex = not that great. Otherwise its solid. top doesn't leak. no paint fading really, just regular chips on the front.

Interior: 6.5/10
ALL the leather is old and has issues. Wheel from constant use, guy/lady before me had rings I guess. Seats typical wear on driver side bolster & seat bottom, Passenger seat fine but hard, door card leather is starting to come out at the top. Was going to re-do it but figured it wouldn't be worth it.
Interior is complete, or as complete as it can be with double diagonals back there

Sound system is great, wires hidden and away, new speaker wire run throughout.

Car passed smog last year when I registered. If you pay my asking price I'll give you $55 back to get it smogged and/or go with you that day. Engine completely stock except for normal maintenance.
Does not burn oil. Runs very well. No idle issues. I take it to 5.5-6k up & downshifting at a couple turns on my way home at night on the regular. Sounds amazing, I wish i had video sorry!

Can take off rims & give you OEM for -$200. Can take speakers/amp -$200.
Any questions PM.
Kevin

·
Registered
11,308 Posts
dude the car is bought and paid for keep it. there is no law that says you cannot have an extra car.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I don't mean to be harsh but from someone who sold a dream car just shortly after getting married, you will likely regret it especially if you still enjoy the MR-S. The spyder is not really going to depreciate further. So why sell? If you need the money for the wedding then you should take a hard look at why you need that money.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Pics of the engine bay or the Hard Dog?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Up for grabs again. I do not currently have pics of the hard dog, I do have a pic of engine bay on my phone and can't upload it remotely (don't know how) so I can text it if necessary. It's dusty.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very nice gentleman came out to drive it twice, fell in love, left a deposit, however due to unforseen financial circumstances had to back out.

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
ygpm...

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
thank you for the love and support , car sold this morning. See you soon
Thank God...now I can get it off my mind!!!

I'm glad for you, and good luck in your marriage!

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
Welcome, sN! You saved me a cross country drive and a chunk of my retirement funds.

Enjoy!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts