MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Federal law raised the height of speed bumps by one inch that year.

:lol: Just kidding. I don't know.

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
well... since i dropped my 03 an inch or so... those pedestrians had better watch their ankles:lol:

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
I believe it was mandated because of pedestrian safety.
I believe this is true as well. IIRC the EU have a law stating minimum bonnet (hood) height, which somehow makes it less fatal to get hit by a newer car if you're jaywalking across the street.

·
Registered
501 Posts
The 04 does have more bracing underneath her compared to my mates one, dunno if thats any of the "crash intrusion protection" but i still believe i'd be royally swrewed if anyone hit me from the side and his was slightly lower than mine but now that i lowered the car i'm just a bit lower than him, but that law is a confusing one because if i was gonna get hit by a car whilst walking i'd much rather get hit in my legs than my gut

·
Registered
1,445 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
On a serious note.

Our cars sit so low that unless the pedestrian is a midget, raising the car one inch is not going to make any difference.

These cars are also so small that if we hit a normal size man it is probably just going to really piss him off. In the event that we are going really fast, he may then have to go to the ER and have it removed.

·
Registered
303 Posts
So does anyone have a picture of a 00-02 spyder lowered and a picture of a 03-05 spyder lowered on the same springs we could take a look at.

·
Registered
365 Posts
These cars are also so small that if we hit a normal size man it is probably just going to really piss him off. In the event that we are going really fast, he may then have to go to the ER and have it removed.
Haha, funniest thing I have heard all day!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
(I wiki'd it.)

The red squirrel (Sciurus vulgaris) is a species of tree squirrel in the genus Sciurus originally common to Eurasia. The red squirrel was recently put on the endangered species list by Great Britain and Ireland. Research found that this species was at unique disadvantage it's not sexually dimorphic (males and females are the same size), and once at breeding age, both genders were getting flattened by the 2003 Toyota MR-2 Spyder at an equal rate (2003 was the year the Spyder introduced the air-dam under the bumper).

Below are examples of the Sciurus vulgaris and my 2003 air-dam, which for sale because I got a TS Bumper. The squirrel is not mine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts