MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadly, someone tried to make a left hand turn through my 2005 Spyder a few weeks ago. The car is totaled. I've accepted a reasonable offer from the other driver's insurance company and will be picking up a check today. I so enjoyed owning and driving the car that I'd like to replace it with another MR2 Spyder. I've found a 2001 model that I'm very interested in, so here is what I want to know:

What should I expect when transitioning from the 2005 to the 2001 Spyder? What are the functional differences between them? I maintain my own vehicles, so I'm very interested in what will be different when working on the car. I have a BGB for the '05; will I need to buy a 2001 edition right away?

Thanks!

·
Registered
758 Posts
My opinion is a 2004 or 2005 hold their value and are easier to sell and although not collectible yet are more likely to be a drive for free car which I like. You can enjoy the car and when ready for resale may break even or make a buck. The early versions are more common and can be difficult to sell especially break even to your investment. 2004 and 2005 offered limited slip which is desirable but don’t provide much benefit. My opinion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts