MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's start the discussion about the Fall Razorback Run. There was an idea floated in the Spring to headquarter this some place other than Eureka Springs.​

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I am in. I am not particular on the location, I am good with what ever everyone decides. September will be rough for me to get off Thurday and Friday due to projects at work...but if I must I think I can swing it. October is wide open for me.

Maybe I will have all of my body parts in, painted and installed by then.

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
new hq suggestions? .......Clarksville, Russellville, Fayetteville, LaCretia Deville, Bentonville, Harrison???

we gotta work with bean's shadow on the date.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Glad you brought it up. I too have been thinking about this. I'm good with any location everyone else likes. I think we should not wait quite as long into the year as we did last year though, we got lucky on the weather.

Be good to see everyone again, even those from Oklahoma! :lol:

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
If we base our run anywhere near Fayetteville and any of you guys need a place to stay, we have an extra bedroom and a couch. You're all good people, and are welcome at my house any time. We even have a big yard, bring a tent (hard to do in a Spyder though).

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jdm suggested Harrison for some reason. I really like the Eureka Springs area, but it really doesn't matter as long as I have a decent hotel room to rest my bones after a day in the twisties.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Need to know the dates so I can work with my school schedule.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Need to know the dates so I can work with my school schedule.
I like any time in October, I think November is a little late in the year. Can we start by narrowing it down to the month, and go from there?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Fall run - just suggestions

I like any time in October, I think November is a little late in the year. Can we start by narrowing it down to the month, and go from there?
I like October, also early November. The weekend of Oct 14th, 15th, & 16th, is a good date for me. I was thinking we could do Push Mountain on Saturday and, if you are in to caves, we could do Blanchard Springs Caverns on a Sunday. It is one of the most beautiful caves in the US, http://www.ozarkmerchants.com/blanchard_springs_caverns.html. Here is another thought for a date if anyone is interested: http://www.mountainview-bluegrass.com. We could do Push Mountain on Saturday, the Mountain View Bluegrass Festival on Saturday night and Blanchard Springs on Sunday morning. Just a thought. Another great place for the fall run would be the roads near Ozark, AR. So many awesome roads, where do we start? To drive some of the great roads in AR, we need about a week and we need relocate about every two days. I am just saying.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I am game for anytime, however, I can't make it 9/30 and may not be able to make it 10/7. We are looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Xbiker - you are welcome to come early and stay with us.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
re: options/dates for Razorback Run...

Well, I need as late as possible so I can get my car's engine woes fixed, but I can understand not wanting to go into late November. I'm thinking October, as well. I could do the weekend of the 15th/16th, or the weekend of the 29th/30th.

As to location, I was kind of looking forward to Eureka Springs-been living in Arkansas 5 years now, and still haven't made it up there. I'm going to be in Fayetteville the weekend of the 22nd/23rd anyway for a work thing, so I'd rather not have it there. The Ozark area would be okay, I think. But, as other people have said, I'll defer more to what the group wants...provided my car is even back up and running by then (I hope!).

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Xbiker - you are welcome to come early and stay with us.
Thanks for the offer. Depending on which week we choose would determine how long I can be away. I'm hoping to bring my son (who is driving as of yesterday on a learner's permit).

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Thanks for the offer. Depending on which week we choose would determine how long I can be away. I'm hoping to bring my son (who is driving as of yesterday on a learner's permit).
You let him drive your Spyder yet?

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 20 of 242 Posts