MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife won a contest for a free 2-hour rental of a 2011 Tesla Roadster Sport, and I got to drive it yesterday on a nice variety of roads. It was quite an experience! It's got a lot of power and maneuverability, but my Spyder definitely feels smaller and lighter. I think I have a better idea now of how a seriously souped-up Spyder would drive. :)

If you're near Portland, Oregon, the car's available to rent for $50 an hour or $500 a day:

http://www.getaround.com/Halo

I think the company also has Tesla Roadsters for rent in California.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I've never driven one, but from the videos I've seen of other high performance electric cars the direct motor to wheel power transfer is awsome in an electric racer!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Sat in one in a Tesla showroom - quality of the interior was terrible.

That said, it is a cool car - I personally can't stand most "green" cars but this one at least looks and performs great.

The salesperson was telling me that the batteries in the Roadster have been obsolete for 2 years already due to their size and charging ability. She said that the newer Tesla's will have much smaller batteries and longer charges. However, Roadster owners can upgrade their batteries.

Some dude kept asking how many MPG the car got. He didn't understand that it was electric.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
I've ridden in one two summers ago, at one of our autox's. It was a blast. All you could hear were the small hum of the motor and the tires on the asphalt. Very quick.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Price Update: $35/hour or $450/day

Anyone in Oregon looking to feel what a Tesla Roadster feels like, the rate just got cheaper (no affiliation, BTW)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts