MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried using the newer scion radio out of a 2012 XB? Wondering if its mostly plug and play to get it function as radio CD and iPod? I know for the satellite radio ill need another antenna. Any info would be great

·
Registered
1,029 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
The Scion T1819 uses a single 28-pin plug, rather than the 20-pin and 8-pin plugs used in the OEM Spyder stereo.

You will need:
  • Conversion Cable : Antenna - Toyota Part No. PT546-00120-AD
  • Conversion Cable : 20pin + 8pin to 28pin - Toyota Part No. PT546-00120-CH 1
  • Conversion Cable : USB - Toyota Part No. PT546-00120-US

Here's the pin out schematic:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So i finally got around to putting the radio in. Ordered the 3 harnesses you told me to before I got the radio. Lesson learned, 2 of em were attached to the radio. Anyways, the USB adapter harness is confusing me a bit. I see where it goes in the radio but what goes into the other end? It doesn't fit a USB plug in it. Any ideas? Also can the built in Bluetooth work or do u need something special for that too? Ill try to remember to grab a pic of that harness tomorrow at work. In the meantime here's how the radio looks

Thanks again for all your help

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
You know what? That looks better than I thought. Well done. :)

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Unfortunately, I have no personal experience with this head unit and pulled the info from another forum. Based on some quick research, it appears that the USB plug gets wired up to a cable that runs to a USB/iPod port in the console.

Rich

1 - 8 of 8 Posts