1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
100 Posts
I really like this car........but now I have very high hopes for the rumored Baby Boxster with the 2.5 turbo 4. If that car comes to be, it will most likely be my next car!

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
I really like this car........but now I have very high hopes for the rumored Baby Boxster with the 2.5 turbo 4. If that car comes to be, it will most likely be my next car!
Same here. I really like the look

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Same here. I really like the look
Same here. I have spent the last two years endlessly scouring the interwebz for anything related to Baby Boxster/New 356/New 550/Audi R4/Bluesport... And now since the new MR2 rumors are running wild, I will have to forfeit another hour of sleep every night:)

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Good looking car, I like the changes, but my heart now belongs hopelessly to the Cayman R. If it looks like my job will run for five more years I might just get stupid too.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Yeah, that looks really really good. I'd take it in a very dark silver. But I still don't like the idea of maintaining a Porsche. It's the reason I bought an MR2.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Yeah, that looks really really good. I'd take it in a very dark silver. But I still don't like the idea of maintaining a Porsche. It's the reason I bought an MR2.
I really loved the one I had, but I did live in mortal fear of a bankrupting mechanical failure . . . They're not cheap.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Me gusta.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Really nice car. But at $60,000 it is just a "bit" out of my price range. A friend has an older Boxster and really likes it, but admits maintenance is expensive.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Delicious! One has to wonder what our Spyder could look like if Toyota had kept refining the design like Porsche is doing with the Boxster
I think the same. Low sales for what ever reason killed the MR2. If the MR2 had a bigger storage space maybe the car still had been manufactured. There is space in the front if Toyota really wanted to. It is a two seater but not for any luggage as the car is.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I think the same. Low sales for what ever reason killed the MR2. If the MR2 had a bigger storage space maybe the car still had been manufactured. There is space in the front if Toyota really wanted to. It is a two seater but not for any luggage as the car is.
Or a better engine... my wife and I have actually taken week long trips in a Spyder and had plenty of space for our stuff. You just have to be more creative than a car with an enormous trunk. What the MR2 DOESN'T have, is any guts (if we're all honest, we'll admit that). Handles up there or better than cars twice the price, but the 1zz.. no.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
^^agreed. Soft sided luggage works well as do the Broudie bags. It's not a fast car and I accept that. It's very cheap to own, and that's a huge plus. I love the new Porsche, but I don't think I'd want to afford the upkeep.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Wow never been a fan of the Boxster but that looks goooood. Like that dark bronze or brown.

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
Wow, that car just gets better and better looking with each new revision. Dare I say it, but I like this better than the new 911 redesign.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow, that car just gets better and better looking with each new revision. Dare I say it, but I like this better than the new 911 redesign.
Sure, say it. I'll say it for you. Now why can't Porsche just acknowledge that it is a better handling platform. Just go ahead and make a GT3 variant to replace the Boxster Spyder/Cayman R and call it a day. Surely they don't really believe that anyone uses those two little seats in the back of the 911... I still don't understand why they feel they have to keep the Boxster/Coxster from being all it can be just to placate 911 owners...

·
Registered
654 Posts
I think the MR2 is fast enough stock. And the reason for the 4 cylinder engine with "only" 140 hk is for making the car, insurance wise affordable for the big masses and the engine already existed in other Toyotas. That was something Toyota thought about when building the car. It is not much more expensive than a standard Corolla here in Sweden. The difference is $21 every month and it's according to my insurance company the moderate engine that makes the small difference.

You have storage in the car but the placement of it makes most of us lazy people that we don't take the car to the supermarket. I do it when only me in the car because the passenger seat is a good luggage compartment. :)

If we have a scale from 1 to 10 representing a practical sports car the MR2 is 2 or 3. With a luggage compartment in the front it would be a 7 or 8 and more people have thought of buying the car.

That's what i think while waiting for the right Lotto number to appear and placing a order for the new Boxster....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts