MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2.0L Stroker
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.insideline.com/hyundai/g...undai-genesis-coupe-3-8-r-spec-full-test.html

0-60 in 5.2 seconds in this months Car and Driver for the 3.8
0-60 in 5.9 seconds for the 2.0
Big competitor for the BRZ/FRS if you ask me. I think its better styled than the those 2. Whoever is leading that company is doing an excellent job. Styling on the Hyundai line is A+. I'd buy another one. I have a 96 Accent that I use as a beater that I bought for a buck and I havent to anything with that thing except regular maintenance. When the guy sold it to me he thought it wouldnt last much more. Nine years later and about 50k miles added to it, I have people who want to buy it but I dont want to sell it. Best dollar I ever spent.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
http://www.insideline.com/hyundai/g...undai-genesis-coupe-3-8-r-spec-full-test.html

0-60 in 5.2 seconds in this months Car and Driver for the 3.8
0-60 in 5.9 seconds for the 2.0
Big competitor for the BRZ/FRS if you ask me. I think its better styled than the those 2. Whoever is leading that company is doing an excellent job. Styling on the Hyundai line is A+. I'd buy another one. I have a 96 Accent that I use as a beater that I bought for a buck and I havent to anything with that thing except regular maintenance. When the guy sold it to me he thought it wouldnt last much more. Nine years later and about 50k miles added to it, I have people who want to buy it but I dont want to sell it. Best dollar I ever spent.
The biggest detractor for me with the Genesis Coupe is not the styling, not the fact it's a Hyundai, but primarily the sheer size of it. It makes the BRZ looks like an Isetta, and the Spyder look like a matchbox car. Big=bad. And it's heavy- just a hair shy of 3,500 lbs. *Gag*

·
Registered
782 Posts
The biggest detractor for me with the Genesis Coupe is not the styling, not the fact it's a Hyundai, but primarily the sheer size of it. It makes the BRZ looks like an Isetta, and the Spyder look like a matchbox car. Big=bad. And it's heavy- just a hair shy of 3,500 lbs. *Gag*
Totally agee with you, the size and weight takes away any interest I would have.

·
Registered
2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2.0L Stroker
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is heavy at 3500lbs but it carries the weight pretty good. Even the 2.0T hauls pretty good and I'm sure some people here would gladly strip a few pounds off it. Though compared to the BRZ/FRS its close to 1k pounds overweight. I still think it would be a fun car with the right mods.

·
Banned
415 Posts
Despite the fact that it is a heavy car, the engine in this is excellent. 3.8L V6 generating 350hp with 295lbft. As far as I can tell, that's the most powerful V6 available at the moment. But as always, hyundai screws up on the transmission. I'd like to just have the engine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.