MR2 SpyderChat banner
101 - 120 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
My thug life a/c kit is complete. Time to start building this weekend. Might purchase a miller 220 and do my own runners and x pipe

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Sorry progress has been slow. My job authorized overtime for the summer. Had an issue with the threads on the heads. If you've had a problem with internal threads or are generally trash at threading like me get the NES 1025 kit and the mini kit. bolts go in easy and snug.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
Got some work done and its all downhill from here. Only other major obstacles are the axles and axle carrier. I will cross that bridge when I get there.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Lucky enough, I didn't have to file the rings. Everything was within spec. Pistons are assembled and going in the block in the morning.
Wood Font Clock Gas Eyewear
Gas Table Auto part Font Wood

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
I got the rest of the pistons in. Clearances are all good. I mic'd them and they're within spec. Then I plastigaged them just in case and we're all good there too. The ARP rod bolts are 12pt. 3/8 not 10mm so I got lucky I didn't round one off. Having a/c and a 65in definitely made things really easy. Next up are the heads, I have to double check the keepers and make sure I dont get a dropped valve.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive engine gasket Automotive exterior Vehicle
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Audio equipment
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive engine gasket Bicycle part

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
ARP thread cleaning chaser came in. I spoke with ARP and you dont have to heat cycle head bolts unless specified by the gasket maker. Just make sure the threads are fully cleaned. I bought a long thread cleaning chaser but @ $80 i thought about making my own. Needless to say, dont do it on something important like the block/head.
Pen Writing implement Font Office supplies Triangle

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 · (Edited)
So the dowel pins on the cams are too large and don't fit the cam gears. In my desperation I tried sanding down the pin. I gave up at 3am. I just clayed the pistons and I got a bad thread on cam bearing and dowel pins that are too large to fit can gears. 3 of the rockers have a stripe on them. Might as well replace them since all the little things want to pop up. Fun times.

Material property Font Gas Drinkware Office supplies
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle
Motor vehicle Automotive engine gasket Automotive exterior Auto part Engineering

Light Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design
Motor vehicle Auto part Automotive design Nut Automotive air manifold
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bicycle part Bumper Rim
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle part
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Watch Rim
Automotive tire Wheel Rim Engineering Motor vehicle
Automotive air manifold Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Rim

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
I should've mic'd the drive pin but you know it goes with builds. I emailed catcams about the dowels. 5.007 over vs 5.000 the oem cam pins.
Hand Finger Wood Nail Wrist
Hand Shoe Office supplies Font Engineering

·
Registered
2002, Turbo, 2ZZGE
1,681 Posts
I should've mic'd the drive pin but you know it goes with builds. I emailed catcams about the dowels. 5.007 over vs 5.000 the oem cam pins.
Well that's BS. Why would they do that?

101 - 120 of 140 Posts