MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sale Cancelled

Epic fail! This ECU will not work on 2zz swap.

This was reluctantly pointed out to me by other members.
My bad - evidence of my PTSD

Sucks because I thought for sure I was correct!

·
Registered
22,970 Posts
Will this work for a 2zz swap in a Spyder?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
2zz swap ecu

This ecu is from a 2006 2ZZGE Engine - Good Question

I used a aftermarket ecu in my swap. This costs allot more but you can change the settings.

·
Registered
22,970 Posts
This ecu is from a 2006 2ZZGE Engine - It will work on any 2ZZ Swapped car.

I used a aftermarket ecu in my swap. This costs allot more but you can change the settings.
Are you sure about that. Do you have any information to back that up.

·
Registered
22,970 Posts
Why don't you plug it in and see if it works.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
DEV,

How about doing your research before asking stupid questions.

Obiously you have no idea how to turn a wrench so why even respond.
You would'nt be able to do a 2zz swap if you tried.
Actually, shit for brains, he does know how to turn a wrench, and he has done a 2zz swap and a whole lot of other good stuff.

I don't know what the answer is but, if dev is asking, it's a worthy question.

·
Registered
22,970 Posts
Some people don't get the hint!
Tech: MR2 Spyder 2ZZ swap

So you’ve decided to replace your MR2 Spyder’s oil-thirsty underpowered stock 1ZZ-FE with toyota’s high revving 180hp 2ZZ-GE. This is an extremely popular swap and is pretty straightforward as engine swaps go. No custom work or fabrication is required since all of the critical swap parts are readily available. Here’s what you need to know:

Parts required – engine swap

2ZZ engine with intake manifold, throttle body, injectors, sensors. Easiest is 2000-02 Celica GTS or 2003-06 Matrix/Corolla XRS. If you use a 2003-05 Celica GTS engine you'll need to also find an earlier style intake manifold and throttle body. If you buy a used engine through MWR just specify that it's for a swap in the comments section and we'll make sure you get all of the parts that you need.
MWR engine swap mount - this replaces your stock engine mount and bolts right in. Easy.
2ZZ flywheel - if your engine came with a stock 2ZZ flywheel you can use that, just be sure to get it resurfaced. Most people prefer to upgrade to an MWR or Fidanza unit for quicker response and improved acceleration.
ECU - You can use a stock ECU from a 2000-01 Celica GTS MT or a 2ZZ Power FC depending on budget. PFC is obviously more fun. Note- if you use a European Celica 2ZZ ECU then you will need to take your car to the dealer to have the theft deterrent system programmed. MWR sells only US-sped stock ECUs which do not have this problem.
Wiring - your stock 1ZZ engine wiring harness will work but you'll need the MWR plug n play adapter which moves some pins around and adds the wiring for the VVL (missing from your stock harness)
Header - your 1ZZ header won't fit so you'll need the MWR swap header or the more expensive PPE swap header/cat/exhaust combo. Both work great.
http://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/extra_info_pages.php?pages_id=18

Also read this thread.

http://www.spyderchat.com/forums/showthread.php?27828-ECU-connector-problem

·
Registered
22,970 Posts
I used the 2zz engine and 6spd trans from a 2006 Matrix
Your right I have no idea - Try XR

I still have the ECU and wiring harness
Lets try XRS for the win.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Ok, San Dumbass just went back and edited his post, where he tells dev to do his research before posting dumb questions. Looks like dev already did his research.

FAIL.

·
Registered
22,970 Posts
Ok, San Dumbass just went back and edited his post, where he tells dev to do his research before posting dumb questions. Looks like dev already did his research.

FAIL.
Now he wants to play the blame game and use LR's good name in the process.

·
Registered
22,970 Posts
Ok it's all good. Nothing to see here just a little mix up in ECU's and it can happen to the best of us.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts