MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have or know where I can get a technical drawing of the intake manifold flange? I mocked one up in Solidworks using a scaled picture as best as I could but I don’t think it will fit correctly if I dimensioned and machined it.

I’ve searched these past two days and the closest I got was a drawing for a custom part from eBay saying the runners are all 90mm apart center to center.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Why don't you just buy a new gasket , it will have everything you need . Then you'll have a new gasket to use anyways .

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm, good idea but I think the gasket is only really good for the bolt placement not for port measurements. Are the 1zz and 2zz ports the same?

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
I have a used 2zz intake manifold you can buy. Message me your address and I can give you quote.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh I’m not trying to mount the 2zz manifold on the 1zz, I’m trying to find a good way to get some measurements of the 2zz manifold flange if I can’t find a technical drawing, which I can’t. I just mentioned the 1zz port thing since I found a 1zz manifold technical drawing

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a used 2zz intake manifold you can buy. Message me your address and I can give you quote.
I’ve got one, I’m just trying to find a technical drawing or at least a better/more accurate way of getting the measurements I need. Thanks though!

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
I’ve got one, I’m just trying to find a technical drawing or at least a better/more accurate way of getting the measurements I need. Thanks though!
Either buy a cheap 3-d scanner or find a shop near you that has one.

If money is an issue for you join a "Maker" group in your area they all have 3-d printers and scanners.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Either buy a cheap 3-d scanner or find a shop near you that has one.

If money is an issue for you join a "Maker" group in your area they all have 3-d printers and scanners.
Holy crap, I forgot that’s an option. Thanks!

Edit: going to use photogrammetry to get an stl and use that since all I need is the flange.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
5 Participants
MerryFrankster
MR2 SpyderChat
SpyderChat Forum is a community for Toyota MR2 Spyder Enthusiasts to discuss specs, reliability and more!
Full Forum Listing